|Developer(s)||circular helped by Lazarus community|
|Initial release||February 2011|
7.1.6 / December 2, 2020
|Written in||Free Pascal|
|Operating system||Windows XP and later, Linux, OS X|
|Size||6.78 MB download|
|Available in||Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, German, English, French, Finnish, Japanese, Kabyle, Latvian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish |
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
|License||GNU General Public License|
LazPaint is a free and open-source cross-platform[nb 1] lightweight image editor with raster and vectorial layers created with Lazarus. The software aims at being simpler than GIMP, is an alternative to Paint.NET and is also similar to Paintbrush.
Rendering is done with antialiasing and gamma correction. It can read/write usual image formats and interoperate with other layered editors via OpenRaster format. It also imports Paint.NET files (with their layer structure) and Photoshop files (as flattened images). Also, it can import 3d objects in Wavefront (.obj) format. There are complex selection functions, various filters and rendering of textures.
Colors are stored in sRGB colorspace but drawing functions take into account gamma correction. There are many color manipulation functions such as shifting colors and colorizing. Since version 6, there is a curve adjustments function on RGBA channels and according to a corrected HSL colorspace. This correction takes into account the gamma factor and also perceived lightness according to the hue.
Since version 7, shapes are stored with vectorial information. Thus they are editable after they have been drawn and are rendered again in case of layer transform. Layers are converted when needed to raster or vector. If a tool like the pen is applied, the layer is rasterized and vectorial information becomes unavailable.
Filling can be a solid color, a gradient or a texture. It can apply to simple shapes, complex curves, text and shaded shapes.
|Version||Release date||Significant changes|
|1||6 February 2011||First release|
|2||21 February 2011||Add render water and Perlin noise, magic wand, polygonal selection, command line|
|3||2 April 2011||Render textures, twirl filter, resample filters|
|4.1||20 May 2011||Several spline styles, better clipboard transparency|
|4.4||2 April 2011||High DPI support, pixelate filter, text tool with outline and shadow|
|4.7||11 December 2011||Language choice, Phong shaded text, portable version|
|4.8||19 August 2012||Add texture mapping tool, import 3D objects, corrected HSL shift colors, selection mask edition|
|5.0||18 February 2013||Add support for raster layers, load Paint.NET layered images, read/write OpenRaster images|
|5.5||4 March 2013||Add Phong filter, filter function, blur computed in thread|
|5.6||23 March 2013||Add Easy Bézier curves|
|6.0||31 July 2014||Add image list, image browser, color curves adjustment, noise filter, posterize filter, print dialog, read flat PSD format, read/write TGA and TIFF|
|6.4.1||28 May 2016||Added brush and clone tool, palette, docking of toolbox, rain rendering, when saving show preview and choice of bit depth|
|7.0 beta||17 August 2019||Vector layers, edit shape tool, shape alignment, wave displacement filter, non-lossy transform of layers, zoom layer tool, edit frame of ICO / CUR / GIF, Lab colorspace support when reading TIFF|
|7.0.7||15 October 2019||Optimize saving of LZP images, add entry to multi-image files (GIF / TIFF), merge vector layers, right-click to rotate/shear shape, improvement of polygon editing|
|7.1.3||18 May 2020||Various bug fixes|
|7.1.4||7 October 2020||Optimize for MacOS with Retina display, magic wand progressive fill, optimize multiline text, show printed page count, Shift-Click to select or clone from other layers|
|7.1.5||19 October 2020||Image browser improvements, scaling fixes|
|7.1.6||2 December 2020||HSL blend modes, layered SVG read/write, detect dark theme, better Retina support, Qt5 support on Linux|
- LazPaint works on Linux, Windows and MacOS
- "LazPaint is an open source raster graphics editor for Windows, macOS and Linux". ghacks.net. 4 November 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- Lazpaint development thread
- LazPaint i18n directory
- Review on about.com
- Das, Ankush (17 November 2020). "LazPaint: A Free & Open Source Paint.NET Alternative". It's FOSS. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- "LazPaint – Raster Image Editor Similar to Paint.Net / PaintBrush". UbuntuHandbook. 9 October 2020. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- gyptis.net apps of January 2014 Archived 2014-08-19 at the Wayback Machine
- LazPaint File wiki; flat images: Bmp, Gif, Ico/Cur, Jpeg, Pcx, Png, Svg, Tga, Tiff, WebP, Xpm, Xwd; layered images: Lzp, Ora, Pdn, oXo, Psd; raw images: dng, cr2, nef, arw...
- Loading OpenRaster in LazPaint (video)
- Saving OpenRaster for Krita (video)
- Video of importation of PSD file
- LazPaint review on rgdot.com
- Mrflock: come cambiare i colori di una foto
- Review on chip.de
- "LazPaint". Sourceforge. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- "LazPaint". Uptodown. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- "LazPaint 1 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 2.2 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 3.0 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 4.1 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 4.4 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 4.7 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 4.8 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 5.0 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 5.5 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 5.6 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 6.0 Release". Lazarus forum. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 6.4.1 Releases". Github. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 7.0.1 Beta". Github. Retrieved 23 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 7.0.7 Releases". Github. Retrieved 23 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 7.1.3 Releases". Github. Retrieved 23 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 7.1.4 Releases". Github. Retrieved 23 December 2020.
- "LazPaint 7.1.5 Releases". Github. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- "LazPaint 7.1.6 Releases". Github. Retrieved 3 December 2020.