This article needs attention from an expert in Serbia.(February 2009)
|Parent house||Nemanjić dynasty|
|Final ruler||Stefan Lazarević|
The dynasty began with Lazar Hrebeljanović, son of Pribac Hrebeljanović-a noble at the court of Dušan the Mighty. Lazar married Milica, supposedly a member of the reigning Nemanjić dynasty, and was later given the title "Knez" by Serbian Emperor Uroš the Weak. He gained lands in Central Serbia and through his ties with the Nemanjićs he became the regent of Moravian Serbia. In the Battle of Kosovo against the Ottoman Empire, Lazar was killed and Serbia became a vassal state, leading to the end of Serbian sovereignty.
Rulers of Moravian Serbia from 1371 to 1427.
- Draginja, married Kefalija (čelnik) Miša
- Lazar; Lazarevići
- Daughter, married Altoman Vojinović
Lazar married Milica (Милица) in around 1353 and issued at least seven children:
- Mara (died April 12, 1426), married Vuk Branković in around 1371
- Stefan Lazarević (around 1377 - July 19, 1427), prince (1389–1402) and despot (1402–1427)
- Vuk, prince, executed on July 6, 1410
- Mara or Dragana (died before July 1395), married Bulgarian tsar Ivan Shishman in around 1386
- Teodora (died before 1405), married Nikola II Gorjanski (who died in 1433), son of Nikola I Gorjanski, ban of Mačva since 1387, ban of Croatia since 1394, and Hungarian Palatin since 1401
- Jelena or Jela, died March 1443, married Đurađ Stracimirović, then Sandalj Hranić
- Olivera Despina (1372 - after 1444), married Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I in 1390
- Mrđenović (1987), p.108
- Ćirković, Sima (2004). The Serbs. Malden: Blackwell Publishing.
- Fine, John Van Antwerp Jr. (1994) . The Late Medieval Balkans: A Critical Survey from the Late Twelfth Century to the Ottoman Conquest. Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of Michigan Press.
- Sedlar, Jean W. (1994). East Central Europe in the Middle Ages, 1000-1500. Seattle: University of Washington Press.
- Veselinović, Andrija & Ljušić, Radoš (2001). Српске династије, Platoneum.
- Fajfrić, Željko. Sveta loza kneza Lazara.
- Marjanović-Dušanić, Smilja. "Dinastija i svetost u doba porodice Lazarević: stari uzori i novi modeli." Zbornik radova Vizantoloskog instituta 43 (2006): 77-97.
- Media related to House of Lazarević at Wikimedia Commons
- The Holy bloodline of Prince Lazar by Željko Fajfrić (in Serbian)
|This Serbia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|