Lazarus Component Library
The LCL consists of a collection of units that provide components and classes especially for visual tasks. It is based on the Free Pascal libraries RTL and FCL. By binding platform-specific widgetsets it supports platform-sensitive software development for several operating systems including Android, Desktop Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. Lazarus source code files is under a mix of licenses: GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2), a modified LGPL, and the MPL.
It was reported on the GitHub Lazarus repository on 26 August 2013 (latest information as of September 2014[update]) that the LCL supported Linux (gtk, gtk2 and qt4), all flavors of Windows including WinCE, Mac OS X (carbon, gtk, qt4), and FreeBSD (gtk, gtk2), with experimental support for Solaris and the native Pascal backend fpgui which runs on Windows, WinCE and Linux.
- Michaël van Canneyt; Florian Klämpfl (2012), Free Pascal (Free Pascal 2 ed.), Computer & Literatur Verlag GmbH, ISBN 978-3936546729, 393654672X
- Michaël van Canneyt; Mattias Gärtner; Swen Heinig; Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho; Inoussa Ouedraogo; Jörg Braun (2011), Lazarus, Böblingen, Germany: Computer & Literatur Verlag GmbH
- Michaël van Canneyt; Mathias Gärtner; Swen Heinig; Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho; Inoussa Ouedraogo (2011), Lazarus - the complete guide, Blaise Pascal Magazine
- Roderick Person (2013), Getting Started with Lazarus IDE, Packt Publishing, ISBN 978-1782163404, 1782163409
- Menkaura Abiola-Ellison (2015), Getting Started with Lazarus and Free Pascal, Mka publishing, ISBN 978-1507632529