McClain with the Chiefs in 2011.
|No. 37, 33, 44|
|Born:||December 27, 1984|
Fort Wayne, Indiana
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||262 lb (119 kg)|
|High school:||Tuscaloosa County|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 4 / Pick: 137|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Le'Ron De'Mar McClain (born December 27, 1984) is a former American football fullback who played in the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Alabama, and was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens 137th overall in the fourth round of the 2007 NFL Draft.
Early years and college
2007 NFL Draft
McClain was considered as one of the best fullbacks available in the 2007 NFL Draft, and drew comparisons to William Henderson. He was drafted with the 137th pick during the fourth round by the Baltimore Ravens.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 0 1⁄8 in
|4.88 s||1.66 s||2.88 s||4.47 s||7.14 s||29 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 5 in
|All values from the NFL Combine|
McClain signed with the Ravens on July 27, 2007. He scored his first career touchdown on a Kyle Boller pass against the San Diego Chargers on November 25, 2007. He finished his rookie season with eight carries for 18 yards, nine receptions for 55 yards, and 1 touchdown.
During the 2008 season, McClain became the team's primary running-back as he rushed for a team-high 902 yards and 10 touchdowns on 232 carries (3.9 yards per carry). He also caught 19 passes for 123 yards and a touchdown. On December 20, 2008, McClain ran for 82 yards to score the final touchdown in Texas Stadium against the Dallas Cowboys. Along with teammate Willis McGahee's 77-yard touchdown run on the previous Ravens drive, he and McGahee became the first players ever to run two 70+ touchdown runs on back-to-back drives. The run was also the longest run by an opponent in Texas Stadium. In addition, McClain had 139 rushing yards on the day. McClain's performance earned him a Pro Bowl selection, in which he scored a touchdown off of a Fumblerooski play handed off by former Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler. Cutler put the ball between McClain's legs in which he ran in for a touchdown.
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
McClain signed a three-year deal with the San Diego Chargers on March 14, 2012.
On March 3, 2014, McClain was released by the Chargers.
- Coyle, Frank (March 12, 2007), "NFL Draft: Ranking the fullbacks", Rivals.com
- "2007 Top NFL Prospects Fullbacks", Scout.com
- "Pro Football War Room: Le'Ron McClain", SportingNews.com, April 29, 2007
- "2007 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Williams, Eric. "Chargers release FB Le'Ron McClain". ESPN. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Platania, Joe (April 23, 2010), "Second-Rounder Cody To Pair With Ngata Vs. Run", Pressbox, archived from the original on September 12, 2012
- Brown, Melissa. "Former Alabama FB Le'Ron McClain arrested on drug charges in Tuscaloosa". al.com. Retrieved April 12, 2015.