Leche-e Rock view from SR 98
Location in Coconino County and the state of Arizona
|• Total||16.61 sq mi (43.01 km2)|
|• Land||16.61 sq mi (43.01 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||4,982 ft (1,519 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||N/A|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|GNIS feature ID||1853161|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 16.9 square miles (44 km2), all of it land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,606 people, 332 households, and 310 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 94.8 people per square mile (36.6/km²). There were 386 housing units at an average density of 22.8/sq mi (8.8/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 98.38% Native American, 0.75% (or 12 people) White, and 0.87% (or 14 people) from two or more races. Fifteen members (or 0.93%) of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 332 households out of which 74.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.7% were married couples living together, 23.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 6.6% were non-families. 6.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.84 and the average family size was 4.95.
In the CDP, the age distribution of the population shows 49.9% under the age of 18, 9.7% from 18 to 24, 27.3% from 25 to 44, 10.6% from 45 to 64, and 2.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 18 years. For every 100 females, there were 102.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $48,375, and the median income for a family was $42,212. Males had a median income of $31,250 versus $27,188 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $10,378. About 16.2% of families and 15.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 20.5% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
LeChee is served by the Page Unified School District.
- Nicco Montaño (born 1988), mixed martial artist
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): LeChee CDP, Arizona". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.