This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Established||1986 (in New York)|
|Current owner(s)||Eric Ripert
Maguy Le Coze
|Previous owner(s)||Gilbert Le Coze|
|Head chef||Éric Ripert and Chris Muller|
|Food type||French, Seafood|
|Street address||155 West 51st Street (between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue), Midtown Manhattan|
|City||New York City|
Le Bernardin is a Michelin Guide three-star French seafood restaurant located at 155 West 51st Street (between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue), in Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It was started in 1972 in Paris by Gilbert Le Coze and his sister Maguy Le Coze under the name Les Moines de St. Bernardin and moved to New York in 1986.
Gilbert le Coze died of a heart attack in 1994, and Éric Ripert succeeded him as the head chef. Signature dishes include kindai maguro (sustainably raised Japanese bluefin tuna) and wagyu beef. Chef Ripert has gone on to open Philadelphia's 10 Arts and Westend Bistro in Washington, D.C.
On April 29, 2017, Inside Edition posted a video detailining how several restaurants, including Le Bernardin, served falsified Kobe beef. The owner later apoligized and changed the beef to Japanese Wagyu.
Awards and accolades
Le Bernardin is one of only seven restaurants in New York awarded three Michelin stars, and is the restaurant which has held four stars from The New York Times for the longest period of time, having earned the ranking in early 1986.
- Outstanding Restaurant 1998
- Outstanding Chef – Eric Ripert – 2003
- Outstanding Pastry Chef – Michael Laiskonis – 2007
In 2017 Le Bernardin is awarded with a second place, (ex aequo with the Japanese restaurant Kyubey) by "La Liste" world's top 1000 restaurants international competition. 
- A Return to Cooking 2002
- On the Line 2008
- Le Bernardin Cookbook: Four-Star Simplicity 1998
- "Le Bernardin . 155 West 51st Street . New York City". Le-bernardin.com. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "NYC Michelin Guide 2011". Michelinguide.com. Archived from the original on September 25, 2011. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "Le Bernardin | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews". Zagat. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "The 10 Best Restaurants in New York City". zagat.com. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "La Liste 1000 world's best restaurants". laliste.com.
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Manhattan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|