Le Chat Noir (band)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Le Chat Noir|
|Members||Teddy Hesper - Guitar, vocals
Eileen Spruce - Drums
Le Chat Noir are a two-piece band based in Moretonhampstead, UK. Named after the infamous Le Chat Noir cabaret in Paris, Teddy Hesper and Eileen Spruce,who is originally from Montebello,CA) formed the band over a shared passion for continental European culture, film noir and the Wild West in 2006. Their line up of male guitarist/vocalist and female drummer, draws comparisons with The White Stripes but others have asserted that these comparisons are based on appearance alone.
They are characterised by their appearance on stage (Hesper regularly dresses in western-style shirts, with hat, whilst Spruce sometimes plays in a dress) and concept albums revolving around murder and betrayal.
In late 2006, they released their debut album Tales From Silver City, named by Playmusic magazine as 2006's best unsigned recording.
2007 saw the band make their first trip to continental Europe, following the release of the second album Deadwood.
On 1 December 2008, the band made an appearance on BBC Radio Devon performing acoustic versions of "On The Run" and "The Scarlett Mistress".
April and May brought tours of France and Belgium, respectively, with the latter also seeing Postcards From The Dark Highway, their third album make its long-awaited release. This was followed up in June by a tour of the UK, which culminated with a date supporting Nine Black Alps. In August, the band played the Main Stage at the Bulldog Bash.
- Tales From Silver City (2006)
- Deadwood (2007)
- Postcards From The Dark Highway (2009)
- "Introducing...". BBC Devon. British Broadcasting Corporation. 2006-12-06. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Voodoo Lounge, Plymouth live review 10 Aug 2007". 24/7Magazine (September). 2007.
- Harker, James (2007-05-10). "Axe Girl, Killola and Le Chat Noir live review". Moles Club. Archived from the original on 2007-10-20. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "Main Stage". Bulldog Bash. Retrieved 2009-06-18.