Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Minneapolis/St. Paul
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Private, For Profit|
|Address||1315 Mendota Heights Road, Mendota Heights, Minnesota 55120, Mendota Heights, Minnesota, USA|
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Minneapolis/Saint Paul was founded in 1999. The college is owned by Career Education Corporation under a licensing agreement with Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. The school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). Located in Mendota Heights, Minnesota, the school offers Associate in Applied Science degrees in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts and Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie & Baking and a Certificate Program in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts.
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts was founded by Brown College in 1999. The school began offering a Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Program that year, the first to be offered in North America. It started as a Certificate Program and began offering Associate in Applied Science degrees in 2002. An Associate in Applied Science in Patisserie & Baking was added the following year. These programs were strictly offered through Brown College until 2005.
In 2005, the Brown College degree programs were transformed into a new institution: Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Minneapolis/St. Paul. The school is a branch campus of Western Culinary Institute in Portland, Oregon.
Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Program:
- The school offers both an Associate in Applied Science and Certificate in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts. These programs combine classical cooking techniques and contemporary styles and can prepare students for entry-level positions in the food service industry.
Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie & Baking Program:
- The Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie & Baking Program teaches the skills that are necessary for entry-level positions in the baking and pastry industry.
- proof of high school diploma or equivalent
- complete a personal interview with an admissions representative
- complete application form
- financial aid forms
- application fee
- copy of his/her immunization record
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Minneapolis/Saint Paul occupies over 95,000 square feet (8,800 m2) in Mendota Heights, Minnesota. The campus comes equipped with several kitchen labs with industry-current equipment for students’ use.