Le Globe was a French newspaper, published in Paris by the Bureau du Globe between 1824 and 1832, and created with the goal of publishing Romantic creations. It was established by Pierre Leroux and the printer Alexandre Lachevardière. After 1828, the paper became political and Liberal in tone.
The Aide-toi, le ciel t'aidera association's organ was first Le Globe and then Le National. Charles Renouard was among the liberals who opposed the Bourbon Restoration. He was a member of the "Aide-toi" society and participated in the creation of the Globe. He was the lawyer for this journal, and contributed to it regularly from 1825 to 1827. Goethe was a regular subscriber from 1824 and declared it "among the most interesting periodicals" and that "could not do without it."
Le Globe was bought by the Saint-Simonists in 1830, and was the official voice of the movement under the July Monarchy. Le Globe was ultimately banned, following the denunciation of Saint-Simonianism as an anti-establishment "sect".
- Jean-Jacques Ampère
- Jean-Georges Farcy
- François Guizot
- Prosper Duvergier de Hauranne
- Charles Magnin
- Charles de Rémusat
- Charles Augustin Sainte-Beuve
- Ludovic Vitet
- Louis Viardot
- Le Globe at WorldCat. OCLC 6339017.
- Gilman, Peck & Colby 1905.
- Robert & Cougny 1889.
- Augustin-Charles RENOUARD – Controverses...
- Crăiuțu, Aurelian (2003). Liberalism Under Siege: The Political Thought of the French Doctrinaires. Lexington Books. p. 24.
- Parker, Roger; Smart, Mary Ann (2001). Reading critics reading: opera and ballet criticism in France from the Revolution to 1848. Oxford University Press. p. 71. ISBN 978-0-19-816697-9.
- "Augustin-Charles RENOUARD", Controverses du XIXème Siècle sur la «Propriété Intellectuelle» (in French), MSH Paris-Nord, retrieved 2017-10-14
- Gilman, D. C.; Peck, H. T.; Colby, F. M., eds. (1905). "Aide-toi et le ciel t'aidera". New International Encyclopedia. 1 (1st ed.). New York: Dodd, Mead.
- Robert, Adolphe; Cougny, Gaston (1889), "Renouard (Augustin, Charles)", dictionnaire des parlementaires français de 1789 à 1889 (in French), retrieved 2017-10-13