Time to Leave
|Time to Leave|
Poster for the film
|Directed by||François Ozon|
|Written by||François Ozon|
|Music by||Valentyn Sylvestrov|
|Edited by||Monica Coleman|
|Distributed by||Mars Distribution|
|Box office||$2.9 million|
Romain, a gay 31-year-old fashion photographer, finds out he is terminally ill and has only three months to live. He rejects the treatment for his metastasized tumor that might offer him a slim (less than 5%) chance of survival.
Romain exhibits both selfish and reckless behavior. He realizes that his good looks give him a certain amount of leeway and he tests the forbearance of the people who care for him. He chases away his lover Sasha and delights in antagonizing his sister. The only person in whom he confides about his illness is his grandmother Laura.
- Melvil Poupaud as Romain
- Jeanne Moreau as Laura
- Valeria Bruni Tedeschi as Jany
- Daniel Duval as The father
- Marie Rivière as The mother
- Christian Sengewald as Sasha
- Silver Spike - François Ozon
- Best Actor - Melvil Poupaud
The film received generally positive reviews from critics. The review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported that 76% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 49 reviews. Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 67 out of 100, based on 21 reviews.
- "Festival de Cannes: Time to Leave". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- IMDb: Valladolid International Film Festival: 2005 Archived 2007-08-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Time to Leave - Movie Reviews, Trailers, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- "Time to Leave (2006): Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2008-02-06.