Le Tigre (clothing brand)
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
|Parent||Kenneth Cole Productions|
Le Tigre is an American brand of apparel designed to rival Lacoste in styling. First offered in 1977, Le Tigre polos sported a leaping tiger in lieu of Lacoste's signature crocodile and Retro Fox's leaping fox. The brand made a comeback in 2003, after being out of production through the 1990s. Le Tigre had become popular during the later 1980s; celebrities from Wilt Chamberlain, LL Cool J, and even Ronald Reagan were seen wearing the tiger. The company is based in New York City. Le Tigre has been a subsidiary of Kenneth Cole Productions since 2007. The brand was then purchased by Infinity Lifestyle Brands and Hilco Brands in November 2015.
- DeCarlo, Lauren (May 25, 2006). "Le Tigre Comes Into Focus". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- Sarkisian-Miller, Nola (August 17, 2006). "Contemporary Art". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- Kenneth Cole Acquires Le Tigre. Women's Wear Daily, Wednesday, September 19, 2007
- "Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. Acquires the Le Tigre Brand". Reuters. September 18, 2007.
- "Infinity Lifestyle Brands and Hilco Brands Acquire the Iconic Apparel Label Le Tigre". Hilco Brands. November 5, 2015. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|