This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A general view of Le Tréport
|Intercommunality||CC Villes Sœurs|
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Laurent Jacques (PCF)|
|Area1||6.77 km2 (2.61 sq mi)|
|• Density||780/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|INSEE/Postal code||76711 /76470|
0–103 m (0–338 ft) |
(avg. 20 m or 66 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
A small fishing port and light industrial town situated in the Pays de Caux, some 21 miles (34 km) northeast of Dieppe at the junction of the D 940, the D 78 and the D 1015 roads. The mouth of the Bresle river meets the English Channel here, in between the high (110 metres) chalk cliffs and the pebbly beach. Le Tréport is also a sea-side resort and home to a casino.
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.|
The current mayor of Le Tréport is Laurent Jacques of the PCF political party. He became 1st vice-mayor following the 2014 municipal elections (2014-2020). He took over as mayor in January 2016 upon the demise of his predecessor Alain Longuent (PCF).
- The remains of an eleventh-century abbey.
- The chapel of St. Julien.
- The lighthouse.
- The new funicular, built in 1907-08, and restored in 2006, linking the town with the cliff-tops.
- The church of St. Jacques, dating from the fourteenth century.
- Two museums.
Le Tréport was used as the location for the 2014 French police thriller Witnesses ("Les témoins"). The series, which was written by Hervé Hadmar and Marc Herpoux, starred Thierry Lhermitte and Marie Dompnier. Its style and tempo have been compared to Scandinavian noir such as Wallander, The Bridge and The Killing.
- Communes of the Seine-Maritime department
- The works of Maxime Real del Sarte
- "Take the funicular railway in Le Tréport and enjoy the view - Seine Maritime Tourism". Seine-maritime-tourisme.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Le Tréport.|
- Website of Le Tréport - Eu - Mers (in French)
- Le Tréport on the Quid website (in French)
- Ville du Tréport en photo, musée du Tréport, musée de la poupée contemporaine (in French)
- INSEE (in French)
|This Dieppe geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|