Le Trio Joubran
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Le Trio Joubran
Le Trio Joubran, at a concert in Austria, 2008
|Genres||Arabic, Arabic Jazz, Oud|
|Associated acts||Mahmoud Darwish, Yousef Hbeisch|
|Members||Samir Joubran |
Le Trio Joubran (Arabic: الثلاثي جبران) is an oud trio playing traditional Palestinian music. The trio consists of the brothers Samir, Wissam, and Adnan Joubran, originally from the city of Nazareth, now dividing their time between Nazareth, Ramallah and Paris. The Joubran brothers come from a well-known family with a rich artistic heritage. Their mother, Ibtisam Hanna Joubran, sang the Muwashahat (poems that originated in Arab Spain) while their father, Hatem, is among the most renowned stringed-instrument makers in Palestine and in the Arab world. They are the first oud trio.
Formation of Le Trio Joubran
Samir Joubran, the eldest brother, began a successful music career in 1996, nearly a decade before the formation of the Joubran Trio. Samir released two acclaimed albums Taqaseem in 1996, followed by Sou'fahm in 2001. For his third album, Samir invited his younger brother, Wissam, to accompany him in duets. That album, Tamaas, was released in 2003. After returning from a tour, Samir proposed forming a trio with his youngest brother Adnan. In August 2004, in the Luxembourg Gardens in Paris, Le Trio Joubran came to life.
In 2009, Arab Muhr award, Dubai International Film Festival
In 2011, "Arab Muhr" award, Dubai International Film Festival
In 2013, International Award of Palestine
- Studio albums
- Tamaas (2002)
- Randana (2005)
- Majâz (2007)
- À l'ombre des mots (2008)
- Le Dernier VoL, with Chkrrr (2009)
- AsFâr, featuring Dhafer Youssef (2011)
- The First Ten Years (2013) Series of 5 CDs and 1 DVD
- The Long March (2018)
- Romero, Angel. "Artist Profiles: Le Trio Joubran | World Music Central.org". worldmusiccentral.org. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Wissam Joubran, Musicien, Composer and Player, Fine Ouds - The Joubran family". WissamJoubran.com. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- Kalyani, Chitra (25 September 2008). "The Transcending Sound of The Joubran Trio". Newspaper Article. Daily News Egypt. Archived from the original on 17 February 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2009.
- "Le Trio Joubran: Brothers of the Oud". NPR. 29 April 2008. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Adnan Joubran's Biography". Official Website. Archived from the original on 3 October 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2009.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "الرئيس يمنح الثلاثي جبران وسام الاستحقاق والتميز". YouTube. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2016.