Lea De Mae
|Lea De Mae|
26 December 1976
|Died||9 December 2004 (aged 27)|
Prague, Czech Republic
|Cause of death||Brain cancer|
Andrea Absolonová (26 December 1976 – 9 December 2004), better known by the pseudonym Lea De Mae, was a Czech adult model, pornographic actress and a member of the Czech high diving national team. Mae died from brain cancer on 9 December 2004, at the age of 27.
Born in Czechoslovakia, De Mae was a member of the Czech high diving national team and injured her spine in an accident when training for the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, diving from the 10m platform. She recovered from her injury, but did not qualify for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Her problems persisted, so she retired from professional sports.
De Mae appeared in over 80 adult films. She first appeared on American screens in a series of features for Private Media Group. She eventually returned to Europe, shooting more films but, after a brief period of time returned to the States.
De Mae was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer in July 2004. Fans and fellow porn actors contributed to a medical fund set up for her in Prague, but she died on 9 December 2004 at the age of 27.
- Philippe Alarie (20 September 2007). "The Darling DeMaes Tragédies légères". Voir Montreal (in French). voir.ca. Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "A life like a jump from a tower" Archived 11 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine., English translation of Czech article from Nedelni Svet, 23 July 2006. Lea De Mae official site. Retrieved 2 October 2007.
- "Žena, která musela umřít..." (in Czech). Archived from the original on 30 June 2007. Blesk, 29 October 2006. Archived on Lea De Mae official site. Retrieved 2 October 2007.
- "Lea DeMae Fights Cancer in Prague, Needs Assistance". Adult Video News. 11 October 2004. Retrieved 11 February 2010.
- "AVN – Lea De Mae Passes Away". Adult Video News. 9 December 2004. Retrieved 10 February 2010.