Lea De Mae
|Lea De Mae|
26 December 1976
|Died||9 December 2004
Prague, Czech Republic
|Cause of death||Brain Cancer, Glioblastoma|
|Other names||Lea, Big Leah, Lea Demay, Lea Di Mea|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
Andrea Absolonová (26 December 1976 – 9 December 2004), better known by the pseudonym Lea De Mae, was a Czech adult model, pornographic actress and a member of the Czech high diving national team. Mae died from brain cancer on December 9, 2004, she was just 27 years old.
Born in Czechoslovakia, De Mae was a member of the Czech high diving national team and injured her spine in an accident when training for the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, diving from the 10m platform. She recovered from her injury, but did not qualify for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Her problems persisted, so she retired from professional sports.
De Mae appeared in over 80 adult films. She first showed up on American screens in a series of features for Private Studios. She eventually returned to Europe, shooting more films but, after a brief period of time returned to the States.
De Mae was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer in July 2004. During her battle for life, fans from around the world and fellow porn actors supported a medical fund that had been set up for her in Prague, but she succumbed to the disease on 9 December 2004 at the age of 27.
Awards and nominations
- 2003 AVN Award nominee – Female Foreign Performer of the Year
- 2003 AVN Award nominee – Best Anal Sex Scene, Video – Buttfaced! 3
- 2004 Ninfa Prize nominee – Best Supporting Actress – Hot Property
- Philippe Alarie (20 September 2007). "The Darling DeMaes Tragédies légères". Voir Montreal (in French). voir.ca. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "A life like a jump from a tower", English translation of Czech article from Nedelni Svet, 23 July 2006. Lea De Mae official site. Retrieved 2 October 2007.
- "Žena, která musela umřít.." (in Czech). Archived from the original on 30 June 2007. Blesk, 29 October 2006. Archived on Lea De Mae official site. Retrieved 2 October 2007.
- "Lea DeMae Fights Cancer in Prague, Needs Assistance". Adult Video News. 11 October 2004. Retrieved 11 February 2010.
- "AVN – Lea De Mae Passes Away". Adult Video News. 9 December 2004. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "2003 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 27 November 2002. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Awards Won". Festival Internacional de Cine Erótico de Barcelona. Retrieved 10 February 2010.