|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (February 2013)|
|Motto||A Promise to Lead|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Md. Qumruzzaman Chowdhury|
|Campus||City Campus 1: Surma Tower, Taltola, Sylhet.
City Campus 2: Rangmahal Tower, Bandar Bazar, Sylhet.
Permanent Campus: Ragibnagar, Kamal Bazar, Sylhet.
|Language||Bengali or English|
|Colors||Red and green|
Leading University (Bengali: লিডিং বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or LU is a private university of Bangladesh. It was established in 2001 under the Private University Act 1992. The outreach campus of LU is located in Surma & Rangmahal Tower, Sylhet. Sylhet.
Leading University has eight academic departments:
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of English & Modern Language
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Law
Department of Architecture
Architecture is called the mother of all arts. The department of architecture of Leading University was started in 2007. It is the first architecture school in Sylhet among all private universities. Recently the second group have successfully completed their 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) course.
Department of Islamic Studies
The department of Islamic Studies of Leading University has started recently in 2014. The department provides both traditional and contemporary knowledge on different subjects of Islam such as – study of Quran, hadith, fiqha, Islamic history, Islamic philosophy, Islamic economics, Islamic finance, Islamic banking, social welfare in Islam, political views of Islam, comparative religions, and so on.
The university offers the following undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Law
The university offers the following postgraduate programs:
- Masters of Business Administration
- Masters of Arts in English (Preliminary and Final)
- Masters of Arts in Islamic Studies
- Masters of Law
The university has three semesters available in a year: spring semester (starts in January), summer semester (starts in April), and fall semester (starts in October). The duration of each semester is thirteen weeks. But the academic calendar for the architecture department consists of two semesters each year.
LU provides activities designed by its own particular club, such as the Debating Club, Sports Club, Cultural Activities Club, Social Services Club, Computer Club, Creative Club, and Bangladesh National Cadet Corps. Leading University Social Services Club run a school named "Aloo" [Light] for children. The delegate of this university won the Sylhet divisional championship of "Abar 71", a national convention organized by BRAC University Moot Court Society, Bangladesh Muktijudda Sangsad Command Unit, and Ministry of Liberation War.