LeafChat 2.41 connected to Freenode. (modified)
|Original author(s)||Samuel Marshall|
2.5 / July 29, 2012
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Each channel is inside a tab which can be easily selected between while chatting. Most networks' servers are supported for connection; multiple networks can be connected to simultaneously. Users can add their own scripts and command shortcuts, and the software detects net splits.
TUCOWS circa 2004 showed LeafChat with a popularity of about 1/4, but a rating of four (of five) stars. Beginning in 2004, IRCReviews gave the software five stars (of five), as an Editors's Choice, describing it as "powerful, good looking, and scriptable." In a 2010 review of version 2, LeafChat was described as "very well done", with a "killer" scripting API which was "convenient and easy", though the reviewer found some user-interface defaults "annoying", and ruled out using LeafChat due to perceived variable count limitations. In a 2011 summary of four popular IRC clients, Techbuzz India described LeafChat as "one of the best" open-source clients with a "clean and simple" interface, and noted its ability to connect to multiple servers simultaneously. The Simple Genetic Algorithm project at SourceForge suggested LeafChat (due to its zero cost) for its online IRC live developer support, and thoroughly outlined its setup.
- Ottinger, Joe (April 5, 2010). "LeafChat 2: excellent IRC client, but it's still only a start". Enigmastation.com. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- Quin, Liam. "IRC Clients: Microsoft Windows: leafchat". Ircreviews.org. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Download leafChat Free". Mac.softpedia.com. January 21, 2010. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Marangoni, Robert; Cucca, Alessandro; Marangoni, Roberto (2004). Motori di ricerca: come cercare e farsi trovare sul web. Hoepli Informatica. p. 236.
- Quin, Liam. "IRC Clients: Microsoft Windows: leafchat". Ircreviews.org. Archived from the original on 2004-03-02. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "IRC – The Most Popular Internet Chat". techbuzz.in. October 30, 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "Support » sga IRC Chat Setup Guide (For Windows)". The Simple Genetic Algorithm project. SourceForge.net. Retrieved 2012-11-19.