League of Historical Cities
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Vienna, Xi'an, Ballarat, Gyeongju, Isfahan, Konya, Odessa|
|World Conference of Historical Cities Council|
The League of Historical Cities (LHC) was established in Kyoto, Japan in 1987. It holds a biennial world conference and provides cities from different cultures with a platform for bilateral cooperation and mutual learning. The League also acts as a think tank for bilateral cooperation and best practices. It aims to strengthen affiliations between historic cities to exchange knowledge and experience and ultimately, world peace by deepening mutual understanding and building on the common foundation of historical cities to strengthen affiliations between cities.
As of March 24, 2014, The League is composed of 102 members from 61 countries and regions of five continents. It is in partnership with the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, International Council on Monuments and Sites and the Organization of World Heritage Cities.
World Conference of Historical Cities
The league holds a biennial world conference.
- Kyoto 1987 "Historical Cities in the 21st Century - Tradition and Creativity -"
- Florence 1988 "Historical Cities in the Future of Mankind"
- Barcelona 1991 "The Memories of and Futures of Cities"
- Kyoto 1994 "In Quest of the Wisdom of Historical Cities"
- Xi'an 1996 "Revival of Historical Cities"
- Kraków 1998 "Heritage and Development of Historical Cities"
- Montpellier 2000 "History of Value"
- Montreal 2003 "Conserving and Developing - How? With whom? Why? -"
- Gyeongju 2005 "Today and Tomorrow of the Historical Cities: Preservation and Restoration of the Historical Cities"
- Ballarat 2006 "Sustainable Historical Cities: - Economics, Preservation and Visions for the Future -"
- Konya 2008 "Living Cultural Heritage in Historical Cities"
- Nara 2010 "Succession of Historical City with Creative Revitalization"
- Huế 2012 "Defining Universal Heritage Challenges and Solutions"
- Yangzhou 2014 "Historical Cities: Ancient Culture Integrated into Modern Civilization"
- Bad Ischl 2016 "Smart, innovative, creative historical cities of the future"
- Bad Ischl
- The Hague
- Santiago de Compostela
- Veliko Tarnovo
North Africa, Middle East, Central and West Asia
- "League of Historical Cities". Open Yearbook (Yearbook of International Organizations). UIA.
- "League of Historical Cities (LHC)". Vienna City.
- "League of Historical Cities". City of Ballarat. Archived from the original on 2013-12-12.
- World Historical Cities (PDF) (66), The League of Historical Cities, March 2014
- "Brochure of the League of Historical Cities" (PDF). 2013.
- Montréal 2003 - 8th World Conference - League of Historical Cities Archived 2015-09-15 at the Wayback Machine.
- "World Conference of Historic Cities opens in Hue". Nhan Dan newspaper. 2012-04-17.
- 15th World Conference of Historical Cities. EUROCITIES.
- "Tainan becomes member of League of Historical Cities". The China Times. 2012-07-26.
- "Norwich enters historical league". BBC News. 2007-07-17.