Leah Blatt Glasser
|Leah Blatt Glasser|
|Notable works||In a Closet Hidden: The Life and Work of Mary E. Wilkins Freeman|
Leah Blatt Glasser is an American literary critic and Mary Eleanor Wilkins Freeman scholar at Mount Holyoke College. She is currently Dean of First-Year Studies & Lecturer in English at Mount Holyoke College. Her former student (the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, Suzan-Lori Parks) would later credit Glasser with her success.
Glasser received her B.A. in 1972 and M.A. in 1973 from State University of New York at Stony Brook and her Ph.D from Brown University in 1982. She has taught at Mount Holyoke since 1980 and is a contributing editor to the Heath Anthology of American Fiction.
- A Landscape of One's Own: Nature-Writing and Women's Autobiography, (forthcoming)
- In a Closet Hidden: The Life and Work of Mary E. Wilkins Freeman (University of Massachusetts Press, 1996).
- "She Is the One You Call Sister: Discovering Mary E. Wilkins Freeman," in Between Womened. Ascher, DeSalvo, and Ruddick (Routledge Press, 1994).
- Contributing Editor to The Heath Anthology of American Literature and Teaching Guidelines, Heath, 1997.
- "Citations search: "Leah Blatt Glasser" (Google Books)". Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "In the News: Traditions and communications". College Street Journal. May 24, 1996.
- "Citations search: "In a Closet Hidden" (Google Books)". Retrieved 2007-11-09.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|