Lean into It
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lean into It|
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 26, 1991|
April 16, 1991 (Europe)
|Mr. Big chronology|
|Singles from Lean into It|
Lean into It is the second studio album by the American rock supergroup Mr. Big, released in March 26, 1991. The band's breakthrough release, Lean into It peaked at number 15 on the Billboard 200 charts, while the single "To Be with You" became the band's first and only song to hit number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. The follow-up single, "Just Take My Heart", was another Top 40 hit, peaking at number 16 on the Billboard Hot 100.
"Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy" features Gilbert and Sheehan running Makita cordless drills over their guitar strings in harmony to create an unusually fast solo which is likely not possible to replicate with hands. The "CDFF" prefix of the Jeff Paris-penned "Lucky This Time", is the song "Addicted to That Rush" from the band's 1989 eponymous debut album, played at a higher playback speed; hence the "CDFF" for "Compact Disc Fast Forward", "CDFF" is also the chord structure to the song.
|1.||"Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy (The Electric Drill Song)"||Billy Sheehan, Paul Gilbert, André Pessis, Pat Torpey, Eric Martin||3:54|
|2.||"Alive and Kickin'"||Gilbert, Martin, Pessis, Sheehan, Torpey||5:28|
|3.||"Green-Tinted Sixties Mind"||Gilbert||3:30|
|4.||"CDFF-Lucky This Time" (Originally recorded by Jeff Paris)||Jeff Paris||4:10|
|5.||"Voodoo Kiss"||Martin, Pessis||4:07|
|6.||"Never Say Never"||Martin, Jim Vallance||3:48|
|7.||"Just Take My Heart"||Martin, Pessis||4:21|
|8.||"My Kinda Woman"||Gilbert, Martin, Sheehan||4:09|
|9.||"A Little Too Loose"||Gilbert||5:21|
|10.||"Road to Ruin"||Torpey, Paris, Gilbert, Sheehan||3:54|
|11.||"To Be with You"||Martin, David Grahame||3:27|
|Japanese edition bonus track|
|12.||"Love Makes You Strong"||Gilbert||3:28|
|2010 remastered edition bonus tracks|
|12.||"Love Makes You Strong"||Gilbert||3:28|
|13.||"Alive and Kickin'" (Demo)||Gilbert, Martin, Pessis, Sheehan, Torpey||4:56|
|14.||"Green-Tinted Sixties Mind" (Demo)||Gilbert||3:42|
|15.||"To Be with You" (Demo; reggae version)||Martin, Grahame||1:17|
- Eric Martin – lead vocals, handclaps
- Paul Gilbert – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, handclaps, backing vocals, electric drill
- Billy Sheehan – bass guitar, handclaps, backing vocals, electric drill
- Pat Torpey – drums, percussion, handclaps, backing vocals
- Kevin Elson - production, mixing, engineering
- Bob Ludwig - mastering
- Tom Size - engineering, mixing
- Chris Kupper - engineering
- David Lucke - engineering
- Scott Ralston - engineering
- Michael Semanick - engineering
- Andy Udoff - engineering
- William Holmes - photography
- Bob Defrin - art direction
Albums - Billboard (North America)
|1991||The Billboard 200||15|
Singles - Billboard (North America)
|1991||"Green-Tinted Sixties Mind"||Mainstream Rock Tracks||33|
|"To Be with You"||Mainstream Rock Tracks||19|
|The Billboard Hot 100||1|
|1992||"Just Take My Heart"||Mainstream Rock Tracks||18|
|The Billboard Hot 100||16|
|"To Be with You"||Adult Contemporary||11|
|Austria (IFPI Austria)||Gold||25,000*|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||100,000^|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||25,000^|
|Taiwan (IFPI Taiwan)||Gold||20,000*|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,200,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Lean into It at AllMusic
- Garza, Janiss (1992-02-14). "Lean Into It Review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2013-02-20.
- Cassette liner notes
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988-2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Austrian album certifications – Mr.Big – Lean Into It" (in German). IFPI Austria. Retrieved 26 June 2017. Enter Mr.Big in the field Interpret. Enter Lean Into It in the field Titel. Select album in the field Format. Click Suchen.
- "Canadian album certifications – Mr. Big – Lean Into It". Music Canada. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Mr. Big; 'Lean Into It')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Mr. Big 'live' at Big Dome on May 10". PhilStar. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Mr. Big; 'Lean Into It')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Paul Gilbert Taiwan Gold Record". IFPI Taiwan. Archived from the original on 3 July 2017. Retrieved 26 June 2017. archived.
- "American album certifications – Mr. Big – Lean Into It". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 26 June 2017. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
- Jon Cold (1992). "Biggest Metal Sales – The Mr. Big Interview". Metal Edge Magazine. United States: Zenbu Media.
|This 1990s hard rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|