|Full name||Leandro Damián Marcelo Grimi|
|Date of birth||9 February 1985|
|Place of birth||San Lorenzo, Argentina|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2007||→ Siena (loan)||13||(0)|
|2008||→ Sporting CP (loan)||9||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Genk (loan)||7||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Godoy Cruz (loan)||3||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 December 2016.
Early years / Milan
Born in San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Grimi played for Club Atlético Huracán and Racing Club de Avellaneda in his homeland, appearing in 11 Primera División games with the latter. In January 2007, the 22-year-old was by Italian club A.C. Milan for €2 million.
After appearing in a friendly match with Birkirkara FC, in the team's training camp in Malta, Grimi made his official debut for the Rossoneri against A.C. Arezzo, a 2–0 win for the season's Coppa Italia. On 18 April 2007 he made his first appearance in Serie A, playing the last 12 minutes of a 5–2 success at Ascoli Calcio 1898.
Grimi spent the first half of the 2007–08 campaign on loan to fellow league side A.C. Siena. In January 2008, in the same predicament, he signed for Sporting Clube de Portugal, appearing in 20 official games in his first year – nine in the Primeira Liga – as the Lions finished in second position and also won the Taça de Portugal, with the player playing the full 120 minutes in a 2–0 extra time win against FC Porto.
On 15 July 2008, Milan announced Sporting had acquired Grimi on a permanent basis. He signed a five-year contract, with the Lisbon club paying the Italians €2.5 million plus 35% of a future transfer fee (Sporting was also able to acquire 5% of the player's rights for €200,000 every time it qualified for the UEFA Champions League). His minimum-fee release clause amounted to €25m.
After the arrival of Evaldo Fabiano from S.C. Braga in the 2010 off-season, Grimi became a fringe player for Sporting, appearing in only four official matches during the season – two in the league, for a total of 253 minutes – and being loaned in the very last day of the 2011 summer transfer window to K.R.C. Genk in the Belgian Pro League.
- "Grimi: "Sarò il nuovo Maldini"" [Grimi: "I will be the new Maldini"] (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 28 December 2006. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Ad Ascoli è la festa del gol – il Milan domina e vince 5–2" [Goal party at Ascoli – Milan rules and wins 5–2] (in Italian). La Repubblica. 19 April 2007. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Grimi loaned to Sporting Clube de Portugal; Goal.com, January 2008
- Grimi completes Sporting switch; Goal.com, 15 July 2008
- "Comunicado" [Announcement] (PDF) (in Portuguese). CMVM. 15 July 2008. Retrieved 9 November 2010.