Company and history
The company went public in 1997. In 2005, they signed a deal with Marathon Media to produce a line dolls of Totally Spies!.  By 2006, 91.8 percent of RC2’s products were made in China. In 2007, the company made headlines after it was forced to recall 1.5 million Thomas & Friends wooden toy trains after they were found to contain excessive amounts of lead. The toys involved in the recall had been manufactured in China.
- RC2 company website, "About Our Key Brands and Licenses", accessed 19 June 2010.
- "RC2 Corporation", The New York Times, "Corporation News", accessed 19 June 2010. Archived January 31, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- David Barboza and Louise Story, "RC2's Train Wreck", The New York Times, June 19, 2007 (accessed 19 June 2010).
- Toy maker RC2 to sell line of Totally Spies fashion/action dolls, Kids Today, October 14, 2005 (accessed 02 February 2016).
- "RC2 recalls more toy trains due to lead paint". Reuters. 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- Kachi, Hiroyuki. "Tomy Buys Toy Train Line". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a toy company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|