Denver Township, Isabella County, Michigan
|Denver Township, Michigan|
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.5 sq mi (94.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||719 ft (219 m)|
|• Density||31.4/sq mi (12.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626178|
Denver Township was organized in 1876.
- Delwin is an unincorporated community in the township at  Delwin was a station on the Pere Marquette Railroad and a post office operated from April 27, 1880, until November 15, 1906. A 54 lots were platted in 1888. .
- Leaton is an unincorporated community in the township at  The community is named for attorney James C. Leaton, who lived in Mount Pleasant and also engaged in real estate and lumbering operations throughout the county. A post office was established on March 1, 1880, with William Allenbaugh as the first postmaster. It was a station on the Pere Marquette Railroad and was platted by the firm of Leaton & Upton (J.C. Leaton and A.B. Upton) in 1886. .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.5 square miles (95 km2), of which 36.5 square miles (95 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (0.05%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,147 people, 415 households, and 304 families residing in the township. The population density was 31.4 per square mile (12.1/km²). There were 446 housing units at an average density of 12.2 per square mile (4.7/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 93.37% White, 0.26% African American, 4.10% Native American, 0.17% from other races, and 2.09% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.70% of the population.
There were 415 households out of which 37.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.8% were married couples living together, 8.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.7% were non-families. 22.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.19.
In the township the population was spread out with 28.4% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 31.4% from 25 to 44, 20.8% from 45 to 64, and 9.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 96.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $41,181, and the median income for a family was $44,926. Males had a median income of $30,938 versus $20,156 for females. The per capita income for the township was $17,480. About 5.2% of families and 9.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.1% of those under age 18 and 2.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Denver Township, Isabella County, Michigan
- Walter Romig, Michigan Place Names, p. 154
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Delwin, Michigan
- Romig, Walter (1986) . Michigan Place Names. Detroit, Michigan: Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1838-X.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Leaton, Michigan