|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Lecale Lower (named after the former barony of Lecale) is a barony in County Down, Northern Ireland. It lies to the east of the county with Strangford Lough to its north and the Irish Sea to its right. It is bordered by five other baronies: Lecale Upper to the south; Ards Upper to the north-east just across the mouth of Strangford Lough; Dufferin to the north; Castlereagh Upper to the north-west; and Kinelarty to the west.
The barony of Lecale Lower was created in 1851 when the barony of Lecale was split into two, the other part being Lecale Upper.
List of settlements
List of civil parishes
- Ballee (also partly in barony of Lecale Upper (one townland))
- Kilclief (also partly in barony of Lecale Upper)
- Rathmullan (one townland, rest in barony of Lecale Upper)
- Logainm - Lecale Lower
- PRONI Baronies of Northern Ireland
- Ireland's History in Maps - The Baronies of Ireland
- Bell, Robert; The book of Ulster surnames, page 78-79. The Black Staff Press, 2003. ISBN 0-85640-602-3
- Database of Irish Historical Statistics - Literacy Notes
- "Lecale Lower". IreAtlas Townlands Database. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- PRONI Civil Parishes of County Down