Lecompton Township, Douglas County, Kansas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Lecompton Rest Area along U.S. Highway 40
Location in Douglas County
|• Total||35.53 sq mi (92.01 km2)|
|• Land||34.65 sq mi (89.76 km2)|
|• Water||0.87 sq mi (2.26 km2) 2.46%|
|Elevation||974 ft (297 m)|
|• Density||50.8/sq mi (19.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0478815|
The streams of Coon Creek, Oakley Creek and Spring Creek run through this township.
- Kaw Township, Jefferson County (northwest)
- Kentucky Township, Jefferson County (north)
- Rural Township, Jefferson County (northeast)
- Wakarusa Township, Douglas County (east)
- Kanwaka Township, Douglas County (south)
- Tecumseh Township, Shawnee County (west)
Towns and settlements
Although these towns may not be incorporated or populated, they are still placed on maps produced by the county.
Points of interest
- The Scenic River Road. This old country road travels along the Kansas River from Tecumseh to Lake View via Lecompton.
- "Township of Lecompton". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 13 October 1978. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
|This article about a location in Douglas County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|