|Full name||Lecsinel Jean-François|
|Date of birth||2 October 1986|
|Place of birth||Cayenne, French Guiana, France|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2003–2004||Paris Saint-Germain B||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 02:07, 30 July 2017 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:36, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
Lecsinel Jean-François (born 2 October 1986) is a Haitian former footballer who played as a defender. He last played for Sheffield United in 2013. Born in Cayenne, French Guiana, Jean-François began his career in France with Paris Saint-Germain and Sedan, before a spell in Scotland with Falkirk. He returned to France briefly, where he played for Guingamp, before settling in England, with spells at Swindon Town and Sheffield United. Qualifying to represent Haiti through his parents, Jean-François made three appearances for the national side.
Jean-François began his career in France, coming through the youth ranks of Paris Saint-Germain before joining CS Sedan Ardennes. In January 2006, he signed for Scottish Premier League side Falkirk, where he made a handful of appearances before departing the club at the end of the season to join French Ligue 2 side En Avant de Guingamp.
In late January 2009 he arrived at Swindon Town and appeared in a reserve match against Swansea City, and impressed manager Danny Wilson sufficiently for him to offer him a contract until the end of the 2008–09 season.
Jean-François eventually made his début for Swindon in February 2009, making a total of five appearances by the end of the season. As a result of these performances he was one of four out of contract players offered new contracts in May 2009. and signed a one-year extension the following month.
After being released by Swindon, Jean-François joined up with former boss Danny Wilson once more, signing for Sheffield United in June 2011. After making his début for his new club on the opening day of the season, away at Oldham Athletic he appeared regularly at left back until he sustained a cruciate ligament injury the following March which ruled him out for the remainder of the season. In October 2012 he returned from injury and played the last 15 minutes in a 4–1 victory over Notts County at Meadow Lane in the Football League Trophy, however he injured his other knee and was ruled out for a further 2 months. Having failed to regain his fitness for the remainder of the season, Jean-François was released by United in June 2013. In December 2013 Jean-François returned to former club Sheffield United to continue his rehabilitation process. This was agreed following his release in the summer, but new United manager Nigel Clough stated "there is no deal on the table."
Despite being born in French Guiana, Jean-François qualifies to play for Haiti as it is the birthplace of his parents. Following his move to Sheffield United his form prompted a recall to the Haiti national team in 2011 to face Antigua and Barbuda for World Cup qualifiers.
- "Blades newcomer wants to help put smiles back on faces of Lane faithful". The Sheffield Star. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "Defender poised to join squad". falkirkfc.co.uk. 27 January 2006. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "Leugueun et Jean-François définitivement guingampais" (in French). En Avant de Guingamp. 10 July 2006. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "Jean-Francois handed second chance by Aberdeen". pressandjournal.co.uk. 22 July 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2008.
- "Davids chance as Lescinel leaves". BBC Sport. 28 July 2009. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Town bidding for Cox contract extension". Swindon Town F.C. 20 January 2009. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "Town triallists rewarded with deals". Swindon Town F.C. 24 January 2009. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "Swindon boss Wilson brings in four new faces". Swindon Town F.C. 26 January 2009. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "Thirteen players released". Swindon Town F.C. 5 May 2009. Archived from the original on 9 May 2009. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "Trio sign new contracts". Swindon Town F.C. 16 June 2009. Archived from the original on 18 February 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
- "New boss makes first signing". Sheffield United F.C. 20 June 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Wilson confirms LJF blow". Sheffield United F.C. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Blades hammer Magpies in JPT". Sky Sports. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Jean-Francois injured again". Sky Sports News. 23 October 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Retained list". Sheffield United FC Official Website. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Heartache for Jean-François as United place their faith in youth". Sheffield Telegraph. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Diego back in training". Sheffield United FC Official Website. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "LJF call up". Sheffield United F.C. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "United contribute to Haiti appeal". leedsunited.com. 1 July 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2010.