Lee's Summit Municipal Airport
|Lee's Summit Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Lee's Summit|
|Serves||Lee's Summit, Missouri|
|Elevation AMSL||1,004 ft / 306 m|
Lee's Summit Municipal Airport (ICAO: KLXT, FAA LID: LXT) is a public use airport in Jackson County, Missouri, United States. It is owned by the City of Lee's Summit and is located three nautical miles (6 km) north of its central business district. This facility is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Lee's Summit Municipal Airport covers an area of 433 acres (175 ha) at an elevation of 1,004 feet (306 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with concrete surfaces: 18/36 is 4,016 by 75 feet (1,224 x 23 m) and 11/29 is 3,800 by 75 feet (1,158 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2011, the airport had 50,543 aircraft operations, an average of 138 per day: 96% general aviation, 3% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 139 aircraft based at this airport: 89% single-engine, 9% multi-engine, 1% jet, and 1% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for LXT ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. External link in
- "IATA Airport Code Search (LXT)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "Lee's Summit Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KLXT, FAA: LXT)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- Airport page at City of Lee's Summit website
- "Lee's Summit Municipal (LXT)" (PDF). at Missouri DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial photo as of February 1996 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective June 22, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LXT, effective June 22, 2017
- Resources for this airport: