|Studio album by|
|Released||Third week of May 1961|
|Recorded||April 28, 1960|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs|
|Lee Morgan chronology|
Leeway is an album by jazz trumpeter Lee Morgan released on the Blue Note label. It was recorded on April 28, 1960 and features performances by Morgan with Jackie McLean, Bobby Timmons, Paul Chambers and Art Blakey.
The AllMusic review by Scott Yanow stated: "The music is essentially hard bop with a strong dose of soul; the very distinctive styles of the principals are the main reasons to acquire this enjoyable music.".
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
- "These Are Soulful Days" (Massey) - 9:25
- "The Lion and the Wolf" (Morgan) 9:40
- "Midtown Blues" (McLean) - 12:09
- "Nakatini Suite" (Massey) - 8:09
- Lee Morgan - trumpet
- Jackie McLean - alto saxophone
- Bobby Timmons - piano
- Paul Chambers - bass
- Art Blakey - drums
- Billboard May 15, 1961
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed November 16, 2011
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 1039. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. pp. 147. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.