||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
|Alma mater||California Western University|
Lee Carroll is an American channeller, speaker and author. Carroll has authored twelve books on channellings from an entity he calls "Kryon", and has co-authored three books on what he terms indigo children, a new generation of children he says represents an evolution in human consciousness.
||This section may lend undue weight to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. (December 2011)|
Originally an economics major who ran a technical audio business for 30 years, Carroll says in his books that he began to channel communication with an entity from "beyond the veil" called "Kryon" in 1989. In his early books Kryon is presented as an entity from the "magnetic service", who supposedly is responsible for reconstruction of the magnetic grid of the Earth, which reconstruction is necessary in view of the changing spirituality and new evolutionary tasks of humanity. In later books Lee Carroll describes Kryon as an angelic loving entity from the Source (or "Central Sun") who has been with the Earth "since the beginning" and belongs to the same "Family" of Archangel Michael. The context of using the words "angelic", "archangel" and others is, however, a New Age one, while traditional interpretations of these terms are reevaluated and some connotations are expanded to much broader metaphilosophical and pan-spiritual meaning. He claims the information he publishes, both printed and online, is intended to help humans "ascend to a higher vibrational level", which, according to his books, is synonymous to overall mental, spiritual and physical evolution.
In his books Carroll also provides descriptions of the nature of the channeling process (both his own and that of other channelers, mediums, and clairvoyants), according to which, no channeler is able to convey the received information perfectly, due to the very nature of such information. Carroll says channeled information can not be adequately translated into the notions of the time-space conditioned reality, which surrounds us. Hence, any channeling converted into words or text should not be taken literally, but rather serve as a help to tune one's subtle energy perception to the original message (which is transcendental to ordinary reality). Based on the above, Carroll dismisses many logical inconsistencies spotted both in his and other mediums' messages.
Carroll's Kryon series elaborated a number of popular New Age concepts. Amongst them are co-creating, spiritual contracts, karmic imprints, karmic implants, magnetic layers (strands) of human DNA, karmic groups, synchronicity, and ascension.
Another topic touched in many of his books is the 2012 transition. According to Lee Carroll, Kryon's message was that the 2012 transition was going to happen on the level of sub-conscious, archetypal energy and open up new avenues to humanity's collective mind.
According to Carroll, Kryon's messages about Earth include, among others, the Earth being a living entity with an individual consciousness, who cooperates with humans. The relationship between the Earth and humans is elaborated based on the "magnetic field" interactions.
Throughout the whole Kryon series, the concept of reincarnation is often discussed. Many of Kryon's "messages" include subtle details of the mechanics of reincarnation, including the value and purpose of human life and death, which are philosophically consonant with the dharmic approaches common in Buddhism and Hinduism. The books are written from a Western perspective, however, with no direct references to the Eastern sources, while Christian and Bible-based spiritual mysticism is present in the wording and expressive style.
Book sales and presentations
According to Hay House, Carroll's publisher, he has sold over half a million books translated into 14 languages.[non-primary source needed] According to American journalist and filmmaker David Thomas's[who?] book Tuning In: A Journalist, 6 Trance Channelers and Messages from the Other Side, by 2011 Carroll's book sales were over one million, and he was the most famous channeler amongst those discussed in his book.[unreliable source?] According to the Edge Magazine article, by 2011 Lee Carroll's Kryon series consisting of 15 individual books had been translated into 24 different languages, and his presentations in over 24 countries "attract audiences in the thousands".
Coverage in other publications
A chapter is dedicated to Lee Carroll and his Kryon channelings in a book by American journalist and film director David Thomas[who?] and Matthiew Klinck titled Tuning In: A Journalist, 6 Trance Channelers and Messages from the Other Side. Carroll's Kryon channelings are also discussed in the 2008 documentary Tuning In.
A Spanish journalist, author, and Secretary of the Board of the humanitarian organization Fundación Ananta, Koldo Aldai,[who?] discusses Lee Carroll's work and Kryon's messages in his 2004 book Testigos de un nuevo tiempo: Conversaciones con Lee Carroll (Kryon), Miyo, José Argüelles..., where he speaks about the interviews and talks with visionaries, channelers and other representatives of new spiritual ideas of the New Time, as he calls it.
Kryon's messages are discussed by several other authors publishing in German, including Denis Kolovrat[who?], Barbara Bessen[who?], Silvia Tara Glaser[who?], Patrizia Pfister[who?], Mara Ordemann[who?], E. D. Donec[who?], and others.
Throughout the Kryon series, repeated attention is paid to the role of Jews in evolution of humanity's consciousness. In an interview given in 1999 to the Israeli monthly magazine חיים אחרים (Chaim Acherim -- "Another Life"), Lee Carroll says Kryon's message is that Jews are a special group amongst humans, "a pure karmic group", the chosen people. They supposedly possess inborn particular attributes of consciousness, which are unique to them. That, according to him, is the reason why throughout history those belonging to other nations have often felt sub-conscious envy towards Jews and had tried to exterminate the Jewish people in different ways. In the interview Carroll also speaks of a special role of the land of Israel in the processes which influence the balance of energies (powers) in the world. "What happens with the Jews, that also happens with the world as a whole," Carroll says is one of Kryon's messages.
Academic analysis cases
An attempt of abstract semantic analysis of Kryon's discourses as channeled by Lee Carroll is made in a publication by Tetyana Petryk (Тетяна Петрик) from the Ivan Franko National University of L’viv (Львівський національний університет імені Івана Франка) in her article titled "Linguistic Representation of the Addresser's Communicative Intentions in Kryon's Channelling" (МОВНА РЕПРЕЗЕНТАЦІЯ КОМУНІКАТИВНИХ НАМІРІВ АДРЕСАНТА У ЧЕННЕЛІНГ-ДИСКУРСІ КРАЙОНА).
Starting from 2002, some of the French media, like Sud-Ouest, Le Monde de l'éducation, Le Canard enchaîné, Le Nouvel Observateur, M6, and France 2, have presented the activities of Lee Carroll in critical light. In an article in Le Canard Enchaîné, e.g., seeming logical contradictions are shown in the different messages attributed to Kryon by Lee Carroll: "Tout pétri d'amour et de paix qu'il est, Kryeon sait quand même se faire respecter : ainsi il a révélé à Lee Carrol qu'il était déjà intervenu deux fois sur Terre pour procéder à "un ajustement global" : à chaque fois l'humanité s'est éteinte et seuls quelques spécimens ont survécu pour assurer la continuité de l'espèce." Other publications criticize the EMF balancing technique merchandised by associates of Kryon movement, as well as the ideas expressed about the new generation of children, called indigo children.
In The Skeptic's Dictionary, Robert Todd Carroll mentions in an ironic way the Universal Calibration Lattice and EMF Balancing technique popularized by Kryon followers and presented in Lee Carroll's books, as well as critically discusses some of the indigo children ideas evolved in Lee Carroll's works.
The Kryon movement, Lee Carroll, and his books have been mentioned in several published official notes by CIAOSN ("Centre d'information et d'avis sur les organisations sectaires nuisibles", translated into English as "Centre for Information and Advice on Harmful Sectarian Organizations"), which was created following the recommendation of the Royal Commission (House of Representatives, session 1996-1997) of Belgium.
Richard A. Villa, Ed.D., in his book titled Creating an Inclusive School, mentions Carroll's 1999 work on indigo children, saying that "practices for promoting unity that have been proposed (by Carroll & Tober, 1999), like treating everyone with dignity and respect, valuing cooperation, and promoting mutual support and responsibility toward fellow community members, are beginning to gain attention in schools."
- The End Times: New Information for Personal Peace (1993), 172 pages, ISBN 978-0-9636304-2-1
- Don't Think Like a Human: Channelled Answers to Basic Questions (1994), 288 pages, ISBN 978-0-9636304-0-7
- Alchemy of The Human Spirit: A Guide To Human Transition into the New Age (1995), 376 pages, ISBN 978-0-9636304-8-3
- The Parables of Kryon (1996), 141 pages, ISBN 978-1-56170-663-1
- The Journey Home: A Kryon Parable, The Story of Michael Thomas and the Seven Angels (1998), 256 pages, ISBN 978-1-56170-552-8
- Partnering With God: Practical Information for the New Millennium (1997), 400 pages, ISBN 978-1-888053-10-4
- Letters from Home: Loving Messages from the Family (1999), 456 pages, ISBN 978-1-888053-12-8
- Passing the Marker: Understanding the New Millennium Energy (2000), 424 pages, ISBN 978-1-888053-11-1
- The New Beginning: 2002 and Beyond (2002), 384 pages, ISBN 978-1-888053-09-8
- A New Dispensation: Plain Talk For Confusing Times (2004), 408 pages, ISBN 978-1-888053-14-2
- Lifting The Veil: The New Energy Apolocalypse (2007), 384 pages, ISBN 978-1-888053-19-7
- The Twelve Layers of DNA (2010), 336 pages, ISBN 978-1-933465-05-0
Indigo children series
- The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived (with Jan Tober) (1999) Hay House. ISBN 978-1-56170-608-2
- Indigo Celebration: More Messages, Stories, and Insights from the Indigo Children (with Jan Tober) (2001) Hay House. ISBN 978-1-56170-859-8
- The Indigo Children Ten Years Later: What's Happening with the Indigo Teenagers! (with Jan Tober) (2009) Hay House. ISBN 978-1-4019-2317-4
- Great Shift: The Co-Creating a New World for 2012 and Beyond (with Tom Kenyon, Patricia Cori, and Martine Vallée) (2009) Weiser Books. ISBN 978-1-57863-457-6
- "Are They Here to Save the World?" by John Leland, The New York Times, January 12, 2006
- http://www.houstonpress.com/2002-12-19/news/alien-ated-youth/ Houston Press News. Alien-ated Youth
- "Author biography". Hay House publications. 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Kryon Channellings
- Thomas, David. Tuning In: A Journalist, 6 Trance Channelers and Messages from the Other Side, Charlottesville, Virginia: Hampton Roads Pub. Co., 2011 ISBN 978-1-57174-646-7
- http://edgemagazine.net/2011/08/kryon/ Edge Magazine. KRYON Q & A…with Lee Carroll
- WorldCat listing
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103276/ Tuning In at IMDB
- http://www.tuninginmovie.com/ Tuning In Official Web-site
- http://www.fundacionananta.org/web/index.php/quienes-somos Fundación Ananta -- Quiénes somos
- Testigos de un nuevo tiempo: Conversaciones con Lee Carroll (Kryon), Miyo, José Argüelles... / Koldo Aldai ISBN 978-84-89836-69-3
- Channelings die die Seele berühren / gechannelt von Nama Ba Hal ISBN 978-3-9812085-2-8
- Ich berühre Dich. Kryon. Gechannelt von Nama Ba Hal. ISBN 978-3-9812085-1-1
- Weg eines Lichtkriegers : Die verschwiegene Wahrheit über die Machenschaften des Bösen / Denis Kolovrat ISBN 978-3-8442-1015-6
- Kryon - das Buch der Heilung / Barbara Bessen ISBN 978-3-86264-179-6
- Cool ich bin ja auch Gott! Tara und der Engel Kryon / Silvia Tara Glaser ISBN 978-3-86582-947-4
- Kryon - Weisheiten aus der Quelle : Kartenset mit 77 Karten / Patrizia Pfister ISBN 978-3-941363-02-1
- Mit Kryon zu den Kraftplätzen der Templer in Deutschland / Mara Ordemann ISBN 978-3-941363-12-0
- Transition now : redefining duality, 2012 and beyond / Martine Vallée ISBN 978-1-57863-474-3
- El gran cambio : creando un nuevo mundo para el 2012 y más allá / Martine Vallée; Grian ISBN 978-84-9777-613-4
- An Interview with Lee Carroll. חיים אחרים (Chaim Acherim magazine), June 1999
- Letters from Home: Loving Messages from the Family (Kryon, Book 7) (1999). Chapter 8. Kryon Writings. ISBN 978-1-888053-12-8
- УДК 811.111 МОВНА РЕПРЕЗЕНТАЦІЯ КОМУНІКАТИВНИХ НАМІРІВ АДРЕСАНТА У ЧЕННЕЛІНГ-ДИСКУРСІ КРАЙОНА http://lnu.academia.edu/ТетянаПетрик/Papers/522655/_-_
- ВІСНИК ЛЬВІВСЬКОГО УНІВЕРСИТЕТУ. СЕРІЯ ІНОЗЕМНІ МОВИ (2010). Випуск 17. http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/Soc_Gum/Vlnu_in_mov/2010_17/
- Le Canard Enchaîné, 8 septembre 2004 par J.-L.P
- Sud-Ouest newspaper. Hélène Rouquette-Valeins. "Le dossier noir des enfants Indigo", Sud Ouest du Jeudi 18 décembre 2003
- Les infiltrés (France 2), le 17 décembre 2008; l'émission de David Pujadas
- M6 TV channel, L’émission "Zone Interdite" (M6) du 30 janvier 2005
- http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/societe/20040126.OBS3166/la-miviludes-alertesur-les-enfants-indigo.html La Miviludes alerte sur les "enfants indigo". Nouvel observateur, Publié le 27-01-04 à 08:31
- Nouvel observateur, mai 2005, "L'école des enfants indigo"
- A collection of mainstream French press references to articles criticizing Kryon movement and full texts of these articles
- The Skeptic's Dictionary by Robert Todd Carroll. ISBN 978-0-471-27242-7
- CIAOSN website
- Creating an Inclusive School, Richard A. Villa, p.21. ISBN 978-1-4166-0049-7
- Lee Carroll Biography on his own website. Accessed August 2007
- German publications related to Lee Carroll in the Catalog of German National Library