Clow is best known for co-creating – along with Steve Hayden – Apple Computer's 1984 commercial which launched the Apple Macintosh and the "Think Different" slogan. The 60-second TV spot was made for a budget of $900,000 and is considered a masterpiece in advertising.
He is also known for his work on the PlayStation, Energizer Bunny, Taco Bell chihuahua, and California Cooler campaigns. Clow has helmed campaigns for Nissan and Pedigree Petfoods. He is a member of numerous advertising and creative halls of fame.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-03-17. Retrieved 2007-05-04.
- "Sony TV: Turn On, Tune In, Buy Hardware". Next Generation. No. 14. Imagine Media. February 1996. pp. 72–73.
- Art Directors Club - biography, portrait and images of work (1990)
- Ihaveanidea - interview with Lee Clow (2004)
- Lee Clow's Beard - information on a Twitter-feed-turned-book featuring Lee Clow (2012)
|This advertising-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|