Lee Moon-shuen (李滿船)
4 February 1901
|Died||7 February 1965 (aged 64)|
|Burial place||St. Raphael's Catholic Cemetery, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|Children||5, including Peter, Bruce and Robert|
Lee Moon-shuen (4 February 1901 – 7 February 1965) known professionally as Lee Hoi-chuen, was a Hong Kong Cantonese opera singer and film actor. He was the father of Bruce Lee, the father-in-law of Linda Lee Caldwell, and also the paternal grandfather of Brandon Lee and Shannon Lee.
Lee Hoi-chuen was born in Jun'an, Guangdong on 4 February 1901, he moved to Hong Kong and became a Cantonese Opera actor. There he married Grace Ho (1907–1996) of half-German ascent and they had two daughters, Phoebe and Agnes, and one son Peter.
Lee and his wife were traveling for a one-year US tour with the Cantonese Opera Company in 1940 when their second son Bruce Lee was born in San Francisco. They later returned to Hong Kong when Bruce Lee was three months old.
Lee died of heart attack in Hong Kong on the 7th of February, 1965, three days after his 64th birthday and six days after the birth of his grandson Brandon Lee. He was buried at St. Raphael's Catholic Cemetery at Cheung Sha Wan in Kowloon.
In popular culture
- firstname.lastname@example.org. "Hong Kong Cinemagic - Lee Hoi Chuen". www.hkcinemagic.com.
- In The Shadow Of A Legend - Robert Lee Remembers Bruce Lee Archived 2009-03-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Trans World 60's Punk Hong Kong 60s Re-capture
- "Welcome to Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do HK Chapter". www.jkd.com.hk.
- "Bruce Lee, My Brother (2010)". www.hkmdb.com.