Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
January 17, 1991 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||I Giseop|
Lee Ki-seop (Korean: 이기섭; born January 17, 1991), commonly known as Kiseop, is a South Korean singer, dancer, actor and model. He is best known for being a member of South Korean boy group U-KISS formed by NH Media in 2008. He joined U-KISS in November 2009.
Kiseop was born on January 17, 1991 in Seoul, South Korea where he lived with his parents and his older sister. He attended Yatab High School and was known for being a "Yatab Ulzzang", girls would follow him home and ask for his number.
Kiseop was also active in the dance circle during the High School years.
2008:Pre-debut and joining U-KISS
Before debuting, Kiseop auditioned for numerous entertainment companies but he got rejected. He went into depression and thought about committing suicide but his parents helped guide him out of his suicidal stages.
Kiseop's first ever TV appearance was with Girls' Generation on PKL's Wonderful Outing. He was modeling for a friend before he auditioned and got into U-KISS. Before officially joining U-KISS, Kiseop appeared in their debut music video Not Young.
2009-2010: Debut with U-KISS, CountiUkiss, ManManHani
In August 2009, U-KISS started recording new tracks for a follow-up to Bring It Back 2 Old School. The group released the EP Conti UKISS on November 5, 2009. The same day it was Kiseop's first TV appearance as the new U-KISS member.
Kiseop has appeared on the second season of Ulzzang Shidae but was taken off the show because of U-KISS' tight schedule.
2011-2013: Acting and Musicals
In 2011, Kiseop started his acting career in an MBC sitcom along with his fellow members Eli Kim and titled Real School. The trio acted in a 40-episode series, transforming into high school students who reside at an "English Village" in an attempt to face and crack their fear of speaking English.
In 2012, Kiseop, Soohyun, Eli and Kevin participated in the drama KPOP The Ultimate Audition, having small cameo appearances in three episodes acting as a senior idol group to the main cast.
In 2013, Kiseop participated in his first musical Summer Snow along with his fellow members Soohyun and Kevin. The same year he also was cast in Goong Musical with Hoon from July 11, 2013 to July 15, 2013.
In 2014, Kiseop was cast again in Goong Musical with his bandmates Soohyun, Hoon and Kevin.
|2010||Real School||Student||Korean, English|
|2011||KPOP The Ultimate Audition||senior idol group (cameo)||Korean|
|2011||Mr. Idol||Himself (as Wonder Boys) (cameo)||Korean|
- 2013: Summer Snow (Kevin, Soohyun & Kiseop)
- 2013: Goong (Kiseop & Hoon)
- 2014: Goong (Soohyun, Kiseop, Hoon & Kevin)
- KBS World. U-KISS. March 13, 2008. Retrieved September 3, 2008.
- "Kiseop's Profile". greekpop.asiat-world.com. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "U-Kiss album released". Allkpop.com. November 5, 2009. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- "U-Kiss does "Man Man Ha Ni" on Music Core". allkpop.com. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "U-KISS reveals PV for "A Shared Dream"". allkpop.com. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- "U-Kiss's Dongho, Eli, and Ki Sub to act in new sitcom, 'Real School'". allkpop.com. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Viewers anticipate "Real School" in MBC's new 2011 lineup". allkpop.com. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "U-KISS' Kiseop and Hoon Cast for the Musical "Goong" - Soompi". Soompi. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Dongjun, Taemin, & U-KISS members to head on over to Japan for 2014 season of musical 'Goong'". allkpop.com. Retrieved 18 October 2015.