Lee Marshall (footballer, born 1979)
|Full name||Lee Marshall|
|Date of birth||21 January 1979|
|Place of birth||Islington, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, Right-back|
|2002–2004||West Bromwich Albion||9||(1)|
|2004||→ Hull City (loan)||11||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Lee Marshall (born 21 January 1979 in Islington) is a retired professional footballer, who was capped by England at under-21 level in a friendly match against France. He began his career in non-league football with Enfield, before signing for Norwich City. He then made a £600,000 switch to Leicester City in March 2001.
Marshall moved on to West Bromwich Albion for £700,000 in August 2002. However he found his first team chances limited, only making 10 appearances, although he did have the distinction of scoring the club's first goal in the Premier League, a late consolation in a 3-1 home defeat to Leeds United.
- "Foxes swoop for £600,000 Marshall". BBC Sport. 2001-03-22. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "Baggies land Marshall". BBC Sport. 2002-08-14. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "Leeds crush Baggies". BBC. 24 August 2002. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Marshall retires after leg injury". BBC Sport. 2005-04-22. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
|This biographical article related to English football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|