Lee's earned undergraduate and Master of Laws degrees at Korea University. Further studies led to an LL.M. at the University of Minnesota Law School and an LL.M. in International Legal Studies at New York University School of Law. He was engaged in post-graduate research at George Washington University in 1999 and at the International Boundaries Research Unit (IBRU) at Durham University in 1999-2000. He was also a research scholar at the Asian Studies Centre in St Antony's College at Oxford in 2000.
Lee's doctorate in Public International Law was conferred by Oxford University in 2001. His dissertation was entitled "International Law and the Resolution of Territorial Disputes over Islands in East Asia." In 2001, he was also a visiting scholar in the East Asian Legal Studies Program (EALS) at Harvard Law School in 2001.
- International Law and the Resolution of Territorial Disputes over Islands in East Asia (2001 )
- Territorial Disputes Among Japan, China, and Taiwan Concerning the Senkaku Islands (2002)
- Lee, Seokwoo Lee and Jon M. Van Dyke. "The 1951 San Francisco Peace Treaty and Its Relevance to the Sovereignty over Dokdo," Chinese Journal of International Law (2010) 9 (4): 741-762. doi:10.1093/chinesejil/jmq030
- ___________. "Continuing Relevance of Traditional Modes of Territorial Acquisition in International Law and a Modest Proposal," 16 Conn. J. Int'l L. 1, 13 (2000).
- University of Washington, catalog note
- Lee, Seokwoo. (2001). International Law and the Resolution of Territorial Disputes over Islands in East Asia. Thesis (D.Phil.)--University of Oxford.
- Lee, Seokwoo et al. (2001). Towards a framework for the Resolution of the Territorial Dispute, back book cover bio note
- Chinese Journal of International Law, author note; Inha University, faculty and staff search
- WorldCat Identities Archived 2010-12-30 at the Wayback Machine.: Lee, Seokwoo