Lee Smith (American football)
Smith in 2014
|No. 86 Oakland Raiders|
|Date of birth:||November 21, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Powell, Tennessee|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||265 lb (120 kg)|
|High school:||Powell (TN)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 5 / Pick: 159|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 4, 2016|
Joseph "Lee" Smith (born November 21, 1987) is an American football tight end for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Marshall University, and was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Smith has also played for the Buffalo Bills.
Smith originally committed and enrolled at the University of Tennessee, where his father Daryle played. However, after being charged with DUI on campus, he was immediately dismissed by head coach Phillip Fulmer. Smith would then enroll at Marshall University.
Smith shared playing time with Kansas City Chiefs tight end, Cody Slate, throughout most of his first three seasons at Marshall. As a full-time starter in 2010, Smith finished the year with career highs in receiving yards, receptions, and touchdowns. He also was named to the Conference USA All-Academic team and invited to the Senior Bowl
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 in||266 lb||34 3⁄8 in||9 3⁄4 in||4.94 s||1.68 s||2.81 s||4.28 s||7.16 s||29 in||9 ft 0 in||25 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
New England Patriots
Smith was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 28th pick of 5th round, which was the 159th overall pick, in the 2011 NFL Draft. He was released by the Patriots on September 3, 2011 and claimed by the Buffalo Bills on September 4, 2011.
- Lee Smith finds home at Marshall after dismissal from UT
- Lee Smith Named to C-USA All-Academic Football Team
- Marshall's Lee Smith invited to the Senior Bowl
- Lee Smith
- Lee Smith #85 TE
- Bair, Scott. "Raiders acquire blocking TE Lee Smith on three-year deal". CSN Bay Area. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Raiders Sign TE Lee Smith". Raiders.com. March 11, 2015. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- "Raiders Sign TE Ryan O'Malley to Active Roster; Smith to Reserve/Injured List". Raiders.com. October 5, 2016.
- NFL Draft 2011:All in the Family