Lee Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||37.18 sq mi (96.3 km2)|
|• Land||37.18 sq mi (96.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||633 ft (193 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||228|
|• Density||6.4/sq mi (2.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61415, 61431, 61459, 61477|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.18 square miles (96.3 km2), all land.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Oak Grove
The township contains these six cemeteries: Barnes, Checkrow, Guernsey, Peirsol, Rigdon and Virgil.
Peirsol Cemetery was a family cemetery which many at one time scattered the county. Like many it was abandoned & is in poor condition if not destroyed.
Guernsey Cemetery is a cemetery off route 9,it too is in very poor condition & overgrown with brush.
- Avon Community Unit School District 176
- Bushnell Prairie City Community Unit School District 170
- Spoon River Valley Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- "Lee Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.