Lee Young-hee (physicist)
|Born||28 July 1955|
Gimje, South Korea
|Alma mater||Kent State University|
|Awards||December 2010: 100 representative researches in all the researches and development done during 2010 in Korea, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
May 2008: Presidential Award in Science and Education December 2007: Lee Hsun Research Award, IMR, Chinese Academy of Science, ChinaDecember 2005: Nominated as "The National Scholar" by Ministry of Education
|Fields||Department of Physics|
|Doctoral advisor||Michael A. Lee|
Lee Young-hee (born 28 July 1955) is a South Korean physicist. He is currently professor in physics and energy science at Sungkyunkwan University as a SKKU fellow. He is also director of the Center for Integrated Nanostructure Physics in the Institute for Basic Science (IBS).
Lee received a B.S. in physics, Chonbuk National University in 1982. In 1986 he received his Ph.D. in physics at Kent State University on the subject of "Classical and Quantum Computer Simulation Studies: Molecular Dynamics of the Kerr Effect in CS2 and Green's Function MonteCarlo Calculation of the Electronic Correlation Energy in Atoms" which was advised by Michael A. Lee.
- 2012–Present: Director of Center for Integrated Nanostructure Physics, Institute for Basic Science
- 2009–Present: Professor in energy science, Sungkyunkwan University
- 2001–Present: Professor in physics, Sungkyunkwan University, SKKU fellow
- 1987–2001: Assistant Professor, full professor in physics, Jeonbuk National University
- 2007–Present: Korea Academy of Science and Technology (KAST), fellow
- 1996–1997: Visiting professor in physics, Michigan State University, United States
- 1993–1993: Visiting researcher, Zurich IBM Research Center, Switzerland
- 1989–1990: Visiting professor in physics, Iowa State University Ames National Laboratory, United States
- May 2017: Einstein Award from Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- May 2014: Award from ' The 23nd SUDANG Prize'
- December 2012: Grand Prize for Sungkyun Family (Educational Achievements Parts), Sungkyunkwan University
- December 2010: 100 representative researches in all the researches and development done during 2010 in Korea, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
- October 2010: 100 representative research achievements in the R&D of Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
- May 2008 Presidential Award in Science and Education
- December 2007: Lee Hsun Research Award, IMR, Chinese Academy of Science, China
- April 2005: Nominated as "Representative Research achievement of BK21 (’01.03~’05.12)", "Modification of electronic structures of a arbonnanotube by hydrogen functionalization"
- May 1997: Award from Foundation of Korea Science and Technology for "The Best Paper in Physics " Fellowship and Nominations
- June 1997: Nominated as "Man of Jeonbuk National University" in Science in 50th Anniversary of Jeonbuk National University
- September 1999: Nominated for "Man of Jeollabuk-do Province", in Academia and Public press
- September 2004: First Fellow of Sungkyunkwan University
- April 2005: Science Award from Korean Physical Society
- September 2007: Fellow of Sungkyunkwan University
- 2013: 'Transferred wrinkled Al2O3 for highly stretchable and transparent graphene/carbon nanotube transistors', Nature Materials 12(5), 403-409 (May, 2013) - " KBS News 9 Boardcating/Mar.04,2013 "
- 2012: 'Probing graphene grain boundaries with optical microscopy', Nature, 490(7419), 235-239 - " KBS News Boardcating "
- 2011: "Transparent, Flexible graphene / CNT transistor and non-volitive memory devices" - Selected as a Highlight in Nano Letters(11, 1344)- Selected for Cover page in Advanced Materias (23, 1899)
- 2009: "Adaptive Logic Circuits with Doping-Free Ambipolar Carbon Nanotube Transistors" NanoLetters, 99(4), 1401 Highlighted by Nature Publishing Group, Asia Materials - Appeared in public newspapers (Asia Economy Daily, etnews, fnnews etc.)
- 2009: "Reduction-Controlled Viologen in Bisolvent as an Environmentally Stable n-Type Dopant for Carbon Nanotubes" J. Am. Chem. Soc. (131, 327), - Appeared in newspapers (MK, etnews etc.)
- 2008: Industrialization of A/CNT composites - SBS Moring Wide, MBN News - Appeared in newspapers (Chosun, etnews, Hankyung etc.)
- 2007: Superb electroreactive CNT clusters - Nano Letters, 7(8), 2178 - KBS News 1TV
- 2006: Nominated as "Representative research achievement in the Basic Research of Korea Science and Engineering Foundation " - Control of the Electronic Structures of Carbon Nanotubes
- 2005: Separation of semiconducting carbon nanotubes by nitronium ions - J. Am. Chem. Soc., 127, 5196 - KBS 2TV News - Appeared in newspapers (Donga, Kookmin, etnews etc.)
- 2005: Selected as the best research outcome in "The Final Evaluation of National Research Laboratory of Korea Science and Engineering Foundation"
- 2002: Transforming metallic CNTs to semiconducting CNTs by atomic hydrogen - Selected as Advanced Materials(14, 1818), Inside Cover page - YTN News
- 2001: The best supercapacitor record using SWCNTs (180F/g) - Advanced Materials, 13, 497
- 2000: Vertically aligned carbon nanotubes by microwave PECVD - Applied Physics Letters, 76, 2367
- 1999: The world first development of CNT-FED in collaboration with Samsung - Applied Physics Letters, 75, 3129 (Citation : 1,046 ) - Nature News
- 1997: Proposing Scooter Motion of catalyst for SWCNT growth - Physical Review Letters, 78, 2393 (Citation : 267 )
- 1996: "Crystalline ropes of Metallic Carbon Nanotubes" - Science, 273, 483 (Citation : 3,838 ) Scientific Activities
- November 2009–Present: Associate Editor of European Physical Journal: Appl. Phys.
- 2000–Present: Associate Editor of Carbon Letters
- 2006–2010: Managing Editor of NANO
- 2009–2010: International Advisory Committee of Nanotube conference
- 2008–Present: Conference chair of SPIE conference (Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene,and Associated Devices III)
- 2012–Present: Conference chair of MRS Meeting
- 2008–Present: Program Committee of IWEPNM
- 2010–Present: Materials Research Society Member
- 2009–Present: Program Committee of Korea Carbon Society
- 2001–Present: The Korean Physical Society Fellow
- 2001–006: Associate Editor of Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Probing graphene grain boundaries with optical microscopy (Nature, 2012)
- Transferred wrinkled Al2O3 for highly stretchable and transparent graphene/carbon nanotube transistors (Nature Materials, 2013)
- Small Hysteresis Nanocarbon-Based Integrated Circuits on Flexible and Transparent Plastic Substrate (Nano Letters, 2011)
- Adaptive Logic Circuits with Doping-Free Ambipolar Carbon Nanotube Transistors (NanoLetters, 2009)
- Synthesis of Large-Area Graphene Layers on Poly-Nickel Substrate by Chemical Vapor Deposition: Wrinkle Formation (Advanced Materials, 2009)
- ^Carbon Nanotube Research Laboratory : http://wiz.skku.edu/nanotube
- ^IBS Center for Integrated Nanostructure Physics: https://web.archive.org/web/20150215044214/http://www.ibs.re.kr/kr/research/nanostructure/nanostructure.jsp
- ^Present Director of Institute for Basic Science (IBS), Center for Integrated Nanostructure Physics http://www.ibs.re.kr/kr/news/pressRelease.jsp?mode=view&article_no=1205&board_wrapper=%2Fkr%2Fnews%2FpressRelease.jsp&pager.offset=40&board_no=24
- ^Sang Hoon Chae, Woo Jong Yu, Jung Jun Bae, Dinh Loc Duong, David Perello, Hye Yun Jeong, Quang Huy Ta, Thuc Hue Ly, Quoc An Vu, Minhee Yun, Xiangfeng Duan, and Young Hee Lee 'Transferred wrinkled Al2O3 for highly stretchable and transparent graphene/carbon nanotube transistors', Nature Materials 12(5), 403-409 (May, 2013) http://www.nature.com/nmat/journal/v12/n5/full/nmat3572.html, http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/NewsView.do?SEARCH_NEWS_CODE=2621997&&source=http://nanotube.skku.ac.kr/papers.html
- ^Dinh Loc Duong, Gang Hee Han, Seung Mi Lee, Fethullah Gunes, Eun Sung Kim, Sung Tae Kim, Heetae Kim, Quang Huy Ta, Kang Pyo So, Seok Jun Yoon, Seung Jin Chae1, Young Woo Jo, Min Ho Park, Sang Hoon Chae, Seong Chu Lim, Jae Young Choi and Young Hee Lee,'Probing graphene grain boundaries with optical microscopy', Nature, 490(7419), 235-239(Oct. 11, 2012) http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v490/n7419/full/nature11562.html, http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/NewsView.do?SEARCH_NEWS_CODE=2546231&retRef=Y&source=http://nanotube.skku.ac.kr/papers.html
- ^Woo Jong Yu, Si Young Lee, Sang Hoon Chae, David Perello, Gang Hee Han, Minhee Yun and Young Hee Lee, 'Small Hysteresis Nanocarbon-Based Integrated Circuits on Flexible and Transparent Plastic Substrate', Nano Letters, 11(3), 1344-1350 (Mar. 9, 2011) http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nl104488z, http://nanotube.skku.ac.kr/data/paper/nanoletters_main_page(Woo%20Jong).JPG
- ^Woo Jong Yu, Sang Hoon Chae, Si Young Lee, Dinh Loc Duong, and Young Hee Lee, 'Ultra-Transparent, Flexible Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Non-volatile Memory Device with Oxygen-decorated Graphene Electrode', Advanced Materials, 23(16), 1889-1893 (Apr. 26, 2011) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adma.201004444/abstract
- ^Woo Jong Yu, Un Jeong Kim, Bo Ram Kang, Il Ha Lee, Eun-Hong Lee and Young Hee Lee, 'Adaptive Logic Circuits with Doping-Free Ambipolar Carbon Nanotube Transistors',Nanoletters, 9(4), 1401-1405( APR.12, 2009) http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nl803066v, http://www.nature.com/am/journal/2009/200906/full/am2009158a.html
- ^Seung Jin Chae, Fethullah Gunes, Ki Kang Kim, Eun Sung Kim, Gang Hee Han, Soo Min Kim, Hyeon-Jin Shin, Seon-Mi Yoon, Jae-Young Choi, Min Ho Park, Cheol Woong Yang, Didier Pribat and Young Hee Lee, 'Synthesis of Large-Area Graphene Layers on Poly-Nickel Substrate by Chemical Vapor Deposition: Wrinkle Formation', ADVANCED MATERIALS, 21(22), 2328-2333 (Jun. 12. 2009) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adma.200803016/abstract