Leeds Crown Court
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: Leeds Crown Court, more accurately the "Crown Court at Leeds" is a venue of the Crown Court in West Yorkshire, England. The buildings are situated on Westgate in Leeds city centre, adjacent to Leeds magistrates courts.
As Leeds Assizes
As Leeds Crown Court
- John Poulson - found guilty of fraud and gaoled for five years (a sentence that was later increased to seven) in 1974.
- Gary Hart - guilty of causing the Selby rail crash and gaoled for five years (released after serving half his sentence) in 2001.
- Nick Griffin - acquitted of incitement to racial hatred in 2006.
- Wearside Jack - The Yorkshire Ripper hoaxer.
- Karen Matthews and Michael Donovan - found guilty in December 2008 of the kidnapping of Shannon Matthews, child neglect and perverting the course of justice. The pair were each sentenced to eight years in prison in January 2009.
- Murder of Ann Maguire - 16-year-old Will Cornick was gaoled for a minimum of 20 years in November 2014 for murdering his teacher in April of that year