Leeds Symphony Orchestra
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Leeds Symphony Orchestra is one of the oldest established symphony orchestras in the United Kingdom dating back to 1890. It is a non-professional orchestra based in Leeds, Yorkshire, England. Martin Binks has been the conductor since September 1970. There are 90 players in the orchestra, including Kathy Hampson of Leeds Progressive Rock band Manning. Ten concerts a year are given at venues including Leeds, Knaresborough, Wetherby, Wakefield, Morley, Horsforth, and Ilkley.
- The Asturias Encore - The guest violin soloist: Marat Bisengaliev plays an encore of his own arrangement of Asturias by Isaac Albéniz in this video clip
- Guest soloist Clare Bradshaw (mezzo-soprano) sings two Mozart Arias with the Leeds Symphony Orchestra.
- Guitar Concerto Video Clip
- Composer: Richard Kenwood-Herriott
- Soloist: Craig Ogden
- Leeds Symphony Orchestra - Collected Video Clips
- Leeds Symphony Orchestra Photo Gallery
- Conductor: Martin Binks
- Video & sound recordingengineer: Glyn Wainwright
- Leeds Symphony Orchestra Official Web Site
|This article on an English band or musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a classical orchestra is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|