Leeds University Boat Club
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|University of Leeds Boat Club|
|Location||Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom|
|Home water||River Aire|
|Former names||Leeds University Union Boat Club|
|University||University of Leeds|
The University of Leeds Boat Club (UoLBC) is the rowing club for students at the University of Leeds. The boat club is one of the Leeds Gryphons teams, working to develop top-class sports clubs at the University. The club races in green, burgundy and white colours representing those of the University of Leeds.
The club was founded in 1919. Having occupied a variety of buildings throughout the area, the current water base is located in Leeds following the completion of a new boat house which opened in September 2014 next to Thwaite Mills in Stourton. It is the new home of Leeds University Boat Club and Leeds Rowing Club. Land training takes place in Leeds University's sport complex on the main campus in Leeds.
The club owns and maintains a variety of different rowing and sculling boats of different classes. In 2008 a Hudson Shark 8+ was donated to the club by the father of a student in the 1st VIII. The boat was named Dr. Sue Jacklin, in recognition of her ongoing assistance in securing funding for the club.
The club competes at local and national events and has had a number of notable achievements from competing at BUCS, Head of The River and Henley Royal Regatta – reaching the second round of the Temple Challenge Cup in 2004 and 2007.
- 85th place, Leeds University 'A'
- 218th place, Leeds University 'C'
- 221st place, Leeds University 'B'
Head of the River Race 2018:
- 81st place, Leeds University 'A'
- 256th place, Leeds University 'B'
- 130th place, Leeds University 'A'
- 267th place, Leeds University 'B'
- 89th place, Leeds University 'A'
- 273rd place, Leeds University 'B'
Head of the River Race 2016:
- 203rd place, Leeds University I
- 299th place, Leeds University II
Head of the River Race 2015:
- 140th place, Leeds University I
- 306th place, Leeds University II
- 145th place, Leeds University
Head of the River Race 2012:
- 114th place, Leeds University I, 00:19:24.90
- 181st place, Leeds University II, 00:19:51.88
- 110th place, Leeds University A, 00:22:42.57
- 271st place, Leeds University B, 00:25:38.58
BUCS Regatta 2012:
- 0 gold, 0 silver, 1 bronze
- 36 VL points
British and European Indoor Rowing Championship
- 1st – Women's Lwt – Emily Holt, 7:29.8
The club is run entirely by a student based committee which is elected by its members in March/April each year. A small budget allows for the assistance of one paid coach