Leeds University Business School
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Established||School of Business and Economic Studies - 1997
Faculty of Business - 2003.
|Postgraduates||1,700 Masters students and over 100 Postgraduate Researchers|
|Affiliations||University of Leeds|
Leeds University Business School is a business school in the University of Leeds, in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. The University is a member of the Russell group. The school is accredited with the AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
Leeds University Business School is housed in the 19th-century Maurice Keyworth building (previously Leeds Grammar School). It is situated on the Western Campus of the University of Leeds, located 1 mile (1.6 km) north of Leeds city centre. The Leeds Innovation Centre is also housed here, and the third floor accommodates the Innovation Hub. along with the Marks & Spencer company archive containing over 60,000 artefacts and pieces moved there in 2009 from London to Leeds, the birthplace of the company. Further buildings include the Liberty Building, home to the Faculty of Law, Charles Thackrah building and Western Lecture Theatre.
Profile and reputation
Leeds University Business School delivers an academic education at undergraduate, masters, MBA, online, PhD and executive education levels, to students from more than 100 countries.
The Business School is 'triple accredited' by AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS placing it in the top 1% of business schools globally. Other major accreditations and accolades at School and programme level include British Psychological Society, Chartered Association of Business Schools, Chartered Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, ESRC Institute of Export Chartered Banker Institute, The Business School is an Award Winner from the Small Business Charter, in recognition of kick-starting British Enterprise.
The Business School is a top ten UK business and management research institution according to the results of the Research Excellence Framework, 2014. Over 200 academic staff conduct research across the six divisions of Accounting and Finance, Economics, International Business, Management, Marketing and Work and Employment Relations
The Business School is regularly placed amongst the world's top 100 business schools in Financial Times and The Economist rankings, in recognition of excellence in teaching and research. Some highlights include:
- The Business School is ranked 1st in the UK for Accounting and Finance and 3rd for Marketing. In addition, the School is 8th in the Russell Group for Business and Management, and 10th in the Russell Group for Economics. (Complete University Guide 2018)
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Accounting and Finance programmes, 5th in the Russell Group for Business Studies programmes and 8th in the Russell Group for Economics programmes (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide League Table 2017)
- Ranked 1st in the UK in the Accounting and Finance subject area, and 6th for Economics. The School is 7th in the Russell Group in the Business, Management and Marketing subject area, (The Guardian University Guide 2018)
- The Executive MBA has been ranked 14th globally and first in the UK in CEO Magazine 2017 Global Executive MBA Rankings
- The MSc Accounting and Finance programme is ranked 54th globally and 12th in the UK (Financial Times Masters in Finance Pre-Experience Rankings 2017)
- Full-time MBA among the world’s top 100 programmes, according to the Financial Times Global MBA 2016.
- International Business at Leeds University Business School has been rated first in the UK and second in the world, according to the Financial Times Masters in Management rankings 2016.
- Leeds University Business School is ranked 53rd in Europe (Financial Times European Business Schools rankings 2016)
- Ranked 36th in Europe (Which MBA? The Economist 2014)
- Full-time MBA among the world’s top 100 programmes, according to the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2018.
Notable Business School alumni include:
- Emily Cummins, Entrepreneur and Inventor
- José Ángel Gurría, Secretary General of the OECD
- Sir Peter Hendy CBE, Chairman of Network Rail
- John R Hirst, former CEO of the Met Office
- Subir Raha, former Chairman and Managing Director of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Jayant Krishna, Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer of the National Skill Development Corporation
- Sudhir Chaturvedi, President and Executive Board Member at Larsen & Toubro Infotech
Current notable academics
Leeds University Business School has over 200 academic staff.
- "History of Leeds University Business School". Leeds University Business School. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- University of Leeds (2006-11-16). "About the University of business | Facts and figures". Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- "University of Leeds". University of Leeds. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Specialising in Mechanical and Electrical Services :: Building Services, Design Consultancy and Project Management". The Brentwood Group. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Facilities on the Western Campus at the University of Leeds". Leeds University Business School. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business". AACSB. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "The Association of MBAs is the advocate for the MBA". Mbaworld.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "EFMD". EFMD. 2010-12-09. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "British Psychological Society". BPS. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Chartered Association of Business Schools". CABS. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Chartered Institute of Marketing". CIM. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Chartered Institute of Personnel Development". CIPD. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Economic and Social Research Council". ESRC. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Institute of Export". IOE. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Chartered Banker Institute". CBI. 2016-10-06. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Small Business Charter". Small Business Charter. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Leeds University Business School Research and Innovation". Business.leeds.ac.uk. 2015-07-13. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Complete University Guide Guide 2018". Complete University Guide. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Accounting and Finance 1st for second year running in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017". Leeds University Business School. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "University guide 2018: University league table". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "CEO Magazine Global MBA Rankings 2017". [CEO Magazine]. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "Masters in Finance Rankings 2017". Financial Times. 2017-06-30. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- "Business school rankings from the Financial Times - European Business School Rankings 2016". Financial Times. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "Which MBA?". The Economist. 2015-02-01.
- "Business school rankings from the Financial Times - FT.com". rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2018-04-25.
- "Academics at Leeds University Business School". Leeds University Business School. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.