|Born||Chen-yi Lee (or Li)
March 14, 1990
Tai'an, Shandong, People's Republic of China
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
Chen-yi Lee (or Li, Chinese: 李建伊, born March 14, 1990), better known as Leena (梨衣名? Riina), is a Japanese fashion model best known for her regular appearances in the CanCam women's fashion magazine.
She was born in Tai'an, China. Her father was an engineering professor and her mother was an elementary school teacher. She lived in China until she was 9 years old before immigrating to Japan with her family after her father was employed as a mechanical design engineer by a Japanese company.
Education and career
At the age of 18 when she was an engineering student at Ibaraki University, she began her fashion modeling career after winning a large modeling contest, "LesPros Girls Audition 2008", held in Hawaii and Tokyo among several other places. She was dubbed the "next Gakky".
She became an exclusive model for the CanCam magazine. She has also worked irregularly in the professional runway scene and for several TV advertisements. She resides in Ibaraki and commutes between Ibaraki and Tokyo for between 10 and 15 fashion shoots / runway shows each month.
As of September 2012, she is one of CanCam's twelve exclusive models along with Rikako Sakata, Shizuka Kondo, Mew Azama, Aiku Maikawa, Mizuki Yamamoto, Hazuki Tsuchiya, Koharu Kusumi, Hikari Mori, Kaede, Naomi Trauden and Ikumi Hisamatsu.
- "Glamour of 'Made in China' – part 14 : Leena" 22 June 2010, Asahi Shimbun (Japanese)
- "18-year-old mainlander university-student becomes Yui Aragaki's little sister", 13 October 2008, Sina.com (Chinese)
- "Models | Leena", 2011, Tokyo Girls Collection '11 S/S (Japanese)
- "Model profile : Leena", February 2011, CanCam (Japanese)
- "'CanCam' model Leena's Christmas cake for readers", 24 December 2009, Model Press (Japanese) and "New Spring Girls : Leena, a girl who is not only pretty, with her major in engineering", 10 January 2010, Sanspo (Japanese)
- "The next Gakky is an 18-year-old trilin-gal, Chen-yi Lee, a national-university student" (1/2), 14 October 2008, Sankei Shimbun (Japanese)
- "Born in China, making an impact in Japan" 22 June 2010, Asahi Shimbun
- "'LesPros Girls Audition 2008', Chen-yi Lee wins the grand prix", 14 October 2008, Mynavi News (Japanese)
- "Leena's special dialogue with the Nakamura top editor", 2010, Asahi Shimbun (Japanese)
- "Exclusive models", CanCam.TV (Japanese)