Leepertown Township, Bureau County, Illinois
Location in Bureau County
Bureau County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||18.45 sq mi (47.8 km2)|
|• Land||15.63 sq mi (40.5 km2)|
|• Water||2.82 sq mi (7.3 km2) 15.28%|
|Elevation||446 ft (136 m)|
|• Density||23.3/sq mi (9.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61315, 61322, 61356, 61368|
|GNIS feature ID||0429243|
Leepertown Township is one of twenty-five townships in Bureau County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 364 and it contained 187 housing units. Leepertown Township changed its name from Leipertown Township on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.45 square miles (47.8 km2), of which 15.63 square miles (40.5 km2) (or 84.72%) is land and 2.82 square miles (7.3 km2) (or 15.28%) is water.
The township contains Greenwood Cemetery.
- Goose Lake
- Hickory Ridge Lake
- Lower Spring Lake
- Spring Lake
- Depue Community Unit School District 103
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 76
- State Senate District 38
- "Leepertown Township, Bureau County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Princeton Township||Selby Township||Hall Township|
|Arispie Township||Granville Township, Putnam County|
|Senachwine Township, Putnam County||Hennepin Township, Putnam County|