Lees Creek, Ohio
Lees Creek, also known as Centerville, is an unincorporated community in central Wayne Township, Clinton County, Ohio, United States. It lies at the intersection of State Route 729 with Cox Road, 6 miles (9½ km) south of Sabina and 12 miles (19 km) southeast of Wilmington, the county seat of Clinton County. It lies between the headwaters of the Middle Fork of Lees Creek, to the southeast, and the Anderson Fork of Caesar Creek. Although it is unincorporated, it had a post office, with the ZIP code of 45138. The Post Office closed in 2012 and the town, including East Clinton High School, now carries a Sabina mailing address.
Lees Creek was originally called Centerville, and under the latter name was laid out in 1816. A post office called Lees Creek has been in operation since 1819. The present name comes from nearby Lees Creek.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 76. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 66. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- Zip Code Lookup
- East Clinton High School, East Clinton Local School District, 2007. Accessed 2007-09-03.
- East Clinton Middle School, East Clinton Local School District, 2007. Accessed 2007-09-03.
- Brown, Albert J. (1915). History of Clinton County, Ohio: Its People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 321.
- "Clinton County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
|This Clinton County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|