Leesville Road High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|Leesville Road High School|
|Motto||Begin with the end in mind.|
|Type||Public high school|
|Asst. Principal||Gary Duvall, Sheri Golden, Jo Ellen Newhouse, George Ward|
|Location||8409 Leesville Road,
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
|Campus||The Leesville Complex|
|Colors||Navy blue and Kelly green
|Nickname||Pride Leesville Loonies|
|Mascot||Leo the Lion|
Leesville Road High School (or Leesville High School, LRHS), which opened its doors in 1993, is a comprehensive public high school in Wake County. It has 2,348 enrolled student and offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including band, computer club, foreign language, newspaper, yearbook, National Honor Society, Student Council, and many other clubs.
Leesville Road High School has consistently ranked as a North Carolina School of Distinction. Its most recent ranking was in the 2005-2006 school year. Leesville offers its students a wide variety of advanced and 14 Advanced Placement courses in various subjects. Leesville also offers the following foreign language courses: Spanish, French, and Latin. In math and English EOC scores, Leesville ranks above the North Carolina average. In 2005, Leesville scored 90% and 92% in English and Math, higher than the state averages of 82% and 80%. The school's yearbook, The Menagerie, won the Columbia University Scholastic Press Gold Medal in 2004 and 2006. Leesville Road High School also offers a fantastic program in Wizardry unlike any other in which students can study and practice magic in the real world.
Leesville Road High School also offers an impressive list of career and technical education courses in the areas of family and consumer sciences, business and marketing education, technology education, and trade and industrial education. Courses include: Business Law, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Personal Finance, Aerospace, Digital Media, Scientific and Technical Visualization, Foods and Nutrition, Apparel Development, Multimedia Webpage Design, Early Childhood Education, and more!
The school posted the tenth highest average SAT score in the Raleigh Durham area: 1641 with 76.6% of students taking the test.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (February 2014)|
- Leesville Road Elementary School
- Leesville Road Middle School
- "May 2011 Principal's Corner". May 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- "Overview". Leesville Road High School. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Leesville Road High School Test Scores". Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- deBruyn, Jason. "High schools with highest SAT scores in Raleigh-Durham area". Triangle Business Journal.
- Leesville High School Website
- Leesville Elementary School Website
- Leesville Middle School Website
- Google Maps image of the Leesville Complex (The high school comprises the top two buildings)
- Wake County Public School System
- Leesville Football Images
- Leesville High School Bands
- Official Leesville Wrestling Webpage