Lega Nord Valle d'Aosta
|National affiliation||Lega Nord|
Lega Nord Valle d'Aosta (French: Ligue du Nord Vallée d'Aoste; English: Aosta Valley Northern League) is a regionalist political party in Aosta Valley, Italy. It was founded in 1991 by a group of former associates of Roberto Gremmo in the Autonomist Union and has since functioned as the "national" (hence, regional) section of Lega Nord in the Aosta Valley region.
In the 2008 regional election the party externally supported the winning centre-left regionalist coalition composed of Valdostan Union (UV), Edelweiss (SA) and Autonomist Federation (FA). LNVdA had particularly good relations with the latter.
In the 2013 general election the candidates of LNVdA garnered 3.3% in the race for the Chamber of Deputies' seat and 3.9% in the Senate race. However, after the election, the elected deputy, Rudi Marguerettaz of SA, decided to join the group of Lega Nord in the Chamber of Deputies. It was the first time ever that a deputy in the group of Lega Nord came from Aosta Valley.
In the 2013 regional election the party reinforced its alliance with SA (and, through SA, with the UV–SA–FA regionalist coalition), under which two LNVdA candidates (Nicoletta Spelgatti and Zeudi Zoso) were included in the SA list. The joint list obtained 12.2% of the vote and 5 elects to the Regional Council, but none of LNVdA.
The party has suffered a dramatic loss of votes in the Region through the years and is now a tiny political force compared to other "national" sections of Lega Nord. In the 2009 European Parliament election it won a mere 4.4% of the vote, due to the electoral strength of other regionalist parties, notably Valdostan Union, Edelweiss and Autonomist Federation. The electoral results of Lega Nord Valle d'Aosta in Aosta Valley are shown in the table below.
|1992 general||1993 regional||1994 general||1996 general||1998 regional||1999 European||2001 general||2003 regional||2004 European||2006 general||2008 general||2008 regional||2009 European||2013 general||2013 regional||2014 European|
|-||7.6||17.1||8.1||3.4||1.9||with FI||with CdL||2.9||2.0||3.1||-||4.4||3.3||with SA||6.8|
- National Secretary: Paolo Linty (1991–1998), Giuseppe Henriet (1998–2001), Nicolao Negroni (2002–2006), Sergio Ferrero (2006–present)
- National President: unknown (1991–1998), Aldo Meinardi (1998–2010), Giuseppina Foderà (2010), Dario Piacenza (2010–2014), Nicoletta Spelgatti (2014–present)
- The Aosta Valley is officially a bilingual (French-Italian) region.
- Rudi Marguerettaz: "Con la Lega per essere più efficaci" - AostaSera.it
- Bersani: al Colle con proposta Pd Capigruppo, tocca a Zanda e Speranza - Repubblica.it
- Accordo Lega Nord - Stella Alpina per le elezioni regionali
- Elezioni regionali, la Lega Nord va con la Stella Alpina - AostaSera.it
- Regionali, tre candidate donne per la Lega Nord, notizie Valle d'Aosta cronaca, sport Aosta, politica e elezioni Aosta
- Da Stella Alpina “concretezza e attenzione per i problemi di tutti i giorni” - AostaSera.it