Legacies (Babylon 5)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Babylon 5 episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Bruce Seth Green|
|Written by||D.C. Fontana|
|Original air date||July 20, 1994|
"Legacies" is an episode from the first season of the science fiction television series Babylon 5.
A girl entering puberty exhibits telepathic abilities, and the crew must decide whether to turn her over to the Psi Corps. The corpse of the Minbari military leader who oversaw the Battle of the Line is the focus of a diplomatic incident.
- The Grey Council ordered the Minbari to surrender at the Battle of the Line. This is not something their warrior caste approves of.
- The Earth-Minbari War started with the death of Dukhat. He was the head of the Grey Council at the time.
- Beginning of the Neroon character arc.
- When discussing the Minbari War Leader's past with Sinclair, Delenn is shown attaching components to the machine which she uses in "Chrysalis" alongside the Triluminary.
- Among Minbari, when one dies and their parents were of different castes, the burial customs of the mother's caste take precedence over those of the father's caste.
- Minbari Cruisers usually approach alien vessels and stations with their gun ports open as a sign of respect, at least to the warrior caste. This detail is very significant, because it was one of the reasons for the start of the Earth-Minbari War (Earth misunderstood the act; they took open gun ports as a sign of aggression).
- This episode was originally intended to be the next to last of Season 1. Delenn paralyzes the guards using the triluminary, which she obtained in "Babylon Squared".