Legacies (TV series)
|Created by||Julie Plec|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||(list of episodes)|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||The CW|
The Vampire Diaries |
Legacies is an upcoming American television drama series to debut on October 25, 2018, on The CW. It is a spinoff of The Originals. It was created by Julie Plec, creator of The Originals and co-creator of The Vampire Diaries, and stars Danielle Rose Russell.
Legacies follows Hope Mikaelson, the "tribrid" daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall, who is descended from some of the most powerful vampire, werewolf, and witch bloodlines. Two years after the events of The Originals, 17-year-old Hope attends the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. The school provides a haven where beings such as vampires, witches, and werewolves can learn to control their supernatural abilities and impulses.
- Danielle Rose Russell as Hope Mikaelson
- Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
- Kaylee Bryant as Josie Saltzman
- Jenny Boyd as Lizzie Saltzman
- Aria Shahghasemi as Landon
- Quincy Fouse as M.G.
- Peyton Alex Smith as Rafael
In August 2017, it was announced that early discussion on the development of a spinoff of The Originals, focusing on Hope Mikaelson the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall, were taking place with Julie Plec, creator of The Originals and co-creator of The Vampire Diaries. In January 2018, it was revealed that a pilot for the spinoff had been ordered; Plec penned the pilot script, and is credited with creating the series. It was announced in March 2018 that the spinoff had been ordered to pilot, but instead of a traditional pilot, a fifteen-minute pilot presentation of the series would be presented to The CW.
On May 11, 2018, it was announced that the spinoff, titled Legacies, was ordered to series for the 2018–19 U.S. television season. In June 2018, it was announced that the series would premiere on October 25, 2018.
It was announced in March 2018 that The Vampire Diaries veteran Matt Davis would reprise the role of Alaric Saltzman, and that Danielle Rose Russell would star as Hope Mikaelson. Quincy Fouse, Jenny Boyd, Kaylee Bryant, and Aria Shahghasemi are also set to star. Shahghasemi would debut in the twelfth episode of the fifth season of The Originals as Hope's friend, Landon. It was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2018 that Paul Wesley would direct an episode, and that Zach Roerig would appear in the series. Also, it was revealed that Steven R. McQueen would appear as Jeremy Gilbert in the series' third episode.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|1||TBA||Chris Grismer||Julie Plec||October 25, 2018||TBA||TBD|
- Pena, Jessica (May 17, 2018). "Legacies: CW Orders Spinoff of The Originals for Fall 2018". TV Series Finale. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- Roffman, Marisa (July 21, 2018). "'Legacies' Books First 'Vampire Diaries' Vets but Will Follow Its Own Path". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 21, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 6, 2018). "'TVD/The Originals' Universe Spinoff: Matt Davis & Danielle Rose Russell Lead Cast of Hope-Centric Series In Works At the CW". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Welcome Kaylee Bryant as Josie Saltzman and Jenny Boyd as Lizzie Saltzman. #Legacies". CW Legacies. May 12, 2018. Retrieved August 3, 2018 – via Facebook.
- Swift, Andy (November 17, 2017). "The Originals Final Season Scoop: Meet the Human Who Catches Hope's Eye". TVLine. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "'Legacies': Peyton Alex Smith Joins The CW Drama As Series Regular". Deadline. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (August 21, 2018). "'Legacies': Karen David To Recur In The CW Drama Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (August 2, 2017). "'The Originals' Spinoff Centered On Character Hope In Early Talks At The CW – TCA". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "Development Update: Wednesday, August 2". The Futon Critic. August 2, 2017. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
Hope Mikaelson, the tribrid daughter of Niklaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall-Kenner, is being eyed for a potential spinoff of the series, which wraps its run after five seasons next year.
- DarkUFO (January 17, 2018). "Thee Originals – Spin-off ordered to Pilot?". Spoiler TV. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (March 6, 2018). "'The Originals' Spinoff Moves Forward at CW With Danielle Rose Russell, Matt Davis Set to Star". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Kantor, Jonathan H. (June 1, 2018). "6 New CW Shows Coming This Year (And 9 In Development)". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
Unlike most series ordered to pilot by the network, Legacies was given the opportunity to present a 15 minute pilot presentation for the series.
- Highfill, Samantha (May 11, 2018). "The CW picks up Legacies, the Hope-centric Originals spin-off". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 15, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (June 20, 2018). "The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates, Including New 'Super' Sunday". TVLine. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (May 11, 2018). "The CW Picks Up 'Charmed' & 'Roswell' Reboots, 'TVD'/'Originals Offshoot, 'In The Dark' & Greg Berlanti Pilot To Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (August 1, 2018). "Vampire Diaries' Steven R. McQueen to Reprise His Role on Spinoff Legacies". TVLine. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "Legacies (CW) – listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- Plec, Julie [@julieplec] (July 18, 2018). "Today is the 1st day of shooting for the 3rd series in the #TVD universe. Welcome to #Legacies. See you at #WBSDCC #ComicCon2018 @cwlegacies" (Tweet). Retrieved July 18, 2018 – via Twitter.