Location of Legacy in Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Peter Demong|
|Time zone||Mountain (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||403 587|
Legacy is a residential neighbourhood in the southeast quadrant of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is located along Calgary's southern boundary with the Municipal District (M.D.) of Foothills No. 31, east of Macleod Trail, south of the community of Walden, and west of the Bow River. The Hamlet of Heritage Pointe is located across the city boundary in the M.D. of Foothills No. 31. In 2015 Legacy won Community of the Year- City of Calgary at the SAM (Sales and Marketing) Awards presented in April 2016 CHBA-UDI Calgary Region Association.
Legacy is being developed by WestCreek Developments of Calgary. The chosen builders with in Legacy include:
- Aldebaran Homes
- Brad Remington Homes
- Carlisle Group
- Jayman BUILT
- Morrison Homes
- Shane Homes
- Stepper Homes
- Sterling Homes
- Trico Homes
- WestCreek Homes
Located only 5 minutes past Shawnessy Shopping Centre, Legacy is surrounded by Southern Alberta’s stunning natural landscapes. City and mountain views are accented by the expanse of the Pine Creek Valley to the south, which includes 300 acres of developer-protected environmental reserve. Within the community, 15 km of paved walking paths guide you past serene ponds, bright playgrounds, community gardens and manicured green spaces. Expert craftsmanship and timeless stonework define Legacy’s unique architecture. The elegant entry feature and central clock tower showcase Legacy’s classic style, which has inspired the look of the entire community. In 2016, Legacy will welcome its first public art piece. Symbolizing the act of caring for others, Jane Seymour’s Open Hearts sculpture acts as a beautiful representation of togetherness, friendship and community.
Legacy’s Shopping District will feature over 800,000 sq ft of retail stores, restaurants and offices, three quarters of the size of Shawnessy Town Centre.
In the City of Calgary's 2015 municipal census, Legacy has a population of 1,303 living in 695 dwellings, a growth of 271% since 2014.
- List of neighbourhoods in Calgary
- Community Website Website for Legacy
- WestCreek Developments- Developer behind Legacy
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- "City of Calgary Communities and Industrial Area Locations" (PDF). City of Calgary. September 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "Land Use Map: Heritage Pointe (01-22-01 W5)" (PDF). Municipal District of Foothills No. 31. 2011-12-31. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Skapin, Josh (May 6, 2016). "Legacy: Community of the Year- City of Calgary". Calgary Herald.
- Frazer-Harrison, Alex (May 27, 2016). "Major Commercial Hubs Planned to Service Bustling Communities". Calgary Herald.
- "2015 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary.
- "Legacy High School by CCSD". Calgary Catholic School District. 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
|Municipal District of Foothills No. 31||Municipal District of Foothills No. 31
|Municipal District of Foothills No. 31|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|