|The Legacy at Millennium Park|
Legacy Tower from Grant Park
|Location||S. Wabash Ave. and E. Monroe St., Chicago, Illinois|
|Roof||819 ft (250 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Solomon Cordwell Buenz & Associates|
|Developer||Mesa Development LLC|
|Main contractor||Walsh Construction Company|
The Legacy at Millennium Park is a 72 story skyscraper in Chicago, Illinois, United States, located along S. Wabash Avenue, near E. Monroe Street.
The slender residential tower and mixed-use podium, designed by the architectural firm Solomon, Cordwell, Buenz, contains 360 luxury condominium units as well as providing 460 parking spaces. Additionally the building includes 41,000 sq ft (3,800 m2). (3,809 square meter) of classroom space for the School of the Art Institute of Chicago in the lower floors, athletic facilities for the University Club, a sky-bridge between the University Club and the building podium, and private amenities for tower residents including an athletics and aquatic center as well as residential lounges located throughout the tower. The building preserves the historic masonry and terracotta facades of the Chicago Landmark Jewelers Row District along Wabash Avenue.
The building's narrow design is intended to maximize vantage points to the Lake Michigan and Millennium Park from all residences in the tower.
- The Heritage at Millennium Park
- List of tallest buildings in Chicago
- List of tallest buildings in the United States
- List of tallest buildings in the world
- List of tallest residential buildings in the world
- "Chicago Architecture Information - Legacy at Millennium Park".
- Official Architecture Firm Website for The Legacy
- Emporis listing
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Legacy Tower.|
- Solomon Cordwell Buenz Website Page For The Legacy
- Developer Website for The Legacy
- Lynn Beckerwrites about the Legacy Tower Facadectomy, 2006
- Google Earth Model