The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Plot 19893, Gaborone West Phase II, Extension 12, Gaborone
|Motto||Thuto go aga Botho
(Education builds Humanity)
|Grades||Form 1, Form 2, Form 3, IG1, IG2, A1, A2|
|Age range||12 - 20|
Legae Academy is an English medium, independent, co-educational, secondary school located in Gaborone, Botswana. The academy is a sister school to Legae English Medium Primary School which was established in 1983. The academy follows the Cambridge International Examinations syllabus, allowing students to sit for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) after four years of secondary education, and the A-Level examination after a further two years.Legae academy is the best school for Cambridge in not only Botswana but Southern africa itself
Motto and logo
The academy’s Setswana motto "Thuto go aga Botho" roughly translates to "Education builds Humanity". The institute has an additional English motto "Every child is yours", which goes hand in hand with the Academy’s logo depicting fledglings being reared in their nest.
Board of Governors
The academy is governed by a Board of Governors consisting of its Managing Director, the Principal (ex-officio), a representative of the Ministry of Education, Gaborone City Council, parents’ representatives, directors and additional members.
Registration and membership
- Registered with the Botswana Ministry of Education
- Member of the Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA)
- Member of the Botswana Association of Private Schools (BAPS)
- Approved Oxford, Cambridge, and Royal Society of the Arts (OCR) examinations centre (through the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES))
Admission and progression
To enter Form 1, students will have completed the National Primary School Leaving Exam (PSLE), or equivalent. With the exception of Standard 7 applicants from Legae Primary School, all applicants sit an entrance examination. Students wishing to enter any other Form are assessed on latest past performance and sit an entrance examination.
Progression through the Academy is based on merit.
Prize Giving Day
Each year public figures are invited to the event as Guests of Honour, with one giving a key note speech as Guest Speaker.
- 2000 - Yarona FM station manager Percy Raditladi [dead link]
- 2002 - Southern African Development Community (SADC) Gender Unit's head Dr. Athaliah Molokomme [dead link]
- 2004 - Vision 2016 Co-ordinator Collie Monkge [dead link]
- 2006 - Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education (MOE) and Mrs. F. Bakwena 
- 2007 - His Excellency, the former President of the Republic of Botswana Sir Ketumile Masire 
- 2008 - Honourable MP and Assistant Minister of Education Mrs. Moggie Mbaakanyi 
- 2012 - Director of Basic Education Simon Michael Coles, Indian High Commissioner Mr. Madhava Chandra, wife of the Nigerian High Commissioner Mrs. Cocodia, MP the Honourable Robert Masitara, and BCP president Honourable Dumelang Salishando 
Inter-House Competitions ￼
￼These take place annually. There are 4 houses: Buffalo, Lion, Elephant and Rhino. The Legae Academy 2017 Inter-house competitions took place in the first term. That year saw The Rhinos first place whilst Buffalo team took second position. 3rd and 4th was taken by the Elephant and Lion Houses (respectively).
The Legae Academy Inter-House 2018 Competitions kicked off at 2.10pm on Thursday 15th. All houses gave an eye catching performance result updates would be given after a certain period of time. Buffalo was in the lead after a few events exchanging the position with Rhino for some time. Elephant emerged second on another result update. The last update was Rhino and Buffalo were battling in an outstanding way with Elephant and Lion fighting for 3rd.On Friday the 16th the competitions resumed with track events started at around 7am. It was an all out battle between Rhino and Buffalo with them having 103 and 105 points just before the break. Lion had 84 points whilst Elephant had 65. Rhino claimed 23 more points with Buffalo collecting 26. Elephant were now predicted to be finishing 4th collecting 14 points at this stage. Lion were maintaining their run.Elephant were 15 points behind Lion having 95 points. Buffalo had 145 points with Rhino 2 behind. Elephant and Lion exchanged results on the next update after Thursday's results were added. Already Rhino were announced winners with 7 races to go although they had 169 with Buffalo 7 behind. Rhino won with more than 200 points. Making Buffalo Runners-up once again. Lion and Elephant had 2 points between exchanging positions from last year.
- "Legae Academy". Info.bw. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Legae Academy - Year 2008 School Fees". Info.bw. 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "BOPA | 05 October 2000". Dailynews.gov.bw. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "BOPA | 10 October 2002". Dailynews.gov.bw. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "BOPA | 05 March 2004". Dailynews.gov.bw. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Legae Academy Honours Its Outstanding Students - The Botswana Gazette". Gazettebw.com. 2008-02-26. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "News". Legaeacademy.com. Retrieved 2012-07-22.